Chapter Four

After the dismissal from lunch Melissa hurries to math, to see if Timothy answered her. She was the first one in the classroom and flipped on the lights. She looked at her desk, her faced filled with joy as she saw writing on it. Her smile quickly faded as she read what was on it.

Dear Melissa,
There is no way I would ever go to the dance with your trashy ass.
- Timothy

Tears quickly flooded her eyes. She covered her mouth with her hand trying to muffle her own sadness. She darted out of the room and into the near by girls bathroom. She locked herself in the wheelchair stall and sobbed. "Why did I ever think he would like me?" She thought,"Why am I so stupid?"

"Melissa?" A familiar voice called,"Melissa is that you? I saw you run out of the math class. I wanted to make sure you are okay."
"Shelby?" She cried. "Yeah, Melissa where are you?," she asked. "In the big stall, I'll unlock it," she said between weeps. Shelby walked up to the now unlocked door, and spun the corner to see her best friend, in fetal position with tears streaming down her face. "Oh my god, what happened?" She asked rushing to her Melissa rapping her arms around her. "He rejected me. He said he would never go to the dance with me," she breathed between sobs. Shelby, speechless, just cuddled her friend trying to calm her.

Trinity, who had silently slipped in a few moment before, heard all of this. A wicked smile crossed her face. She had to cover her mouth to keep herself from laughing.