Chapter Two

Melissa sat at home on her twin bed thinking about Timothy, "He didn't even know my name," she thought,"Am I that invisible?" She picked up her iPhone 4 and checked her FaceBook. She only had 3 friends on her page, her mom, her dad, and Shelby Davis.

Shelby Davis is a skinny, blonde brown eyed beauty. She was semi-popular, and loves to talk. Even though she was the poler opposite they were best friends.

Melissa thought about the day Shelby started dating. She had gotten every boy she wanted, yet Melissa was still stuck on Timothy.

The ding of a notification broke her train of thought. "Hey, Lissa guess what?" It read.

Melissa: What?
Shelby: I got a date to the dance!! Guess who!
Melissa: Who?
Shelby: David!!
Melissa: Great..
Shelby: Are going?
Melissa: to what?
Shelby: the dance dummy!
Melissa: dances aren't my thing..
Shelby: You should tots ask timothy, you would be cute together!! 😝
Melissa: really? You think so?
Shelby: Yass!! 😋 go for it girl!!
Melissa: I don't know..
Shelby: just write a note and stuff it in his locker, or put it on his desk.
Melissa: I guess I could do that..
Shelby: There ya go! K i gtg David is texting me 😍

------- Shelby Davis logged off -------

" Write a note, hmm," Melissa thought. She glanced around the room, and her eyes landed on her math composition book. She got up and seized the book. She flipped to a clean page and snatched up a pen.

Dear Timothy,
Will you go to the dance with me?

Yes No

Melissa took the note and folded it into a small and tidy square. She placed it in her jacket pocket. " I can't believe I'm doing this," she thought.