Chapter 35

After getting some air, I ended up returning to the party. I couldn't spot Eric anywhere though. Maybe he left after that whole commotion with Logan. I thought to myself. 

I ended up finding the girls and staying for another hour. 

I woke up in the afternoon the next day. We all did. Who wouldn't take advantage of sleeping in when there was no training? 

A few minutes after I woke up I got dressed. 

"Anyone coming to eat with me?" I asked around. 

Christina, Tris, Amy and I ended up heading down to the Hall for some food. We basically ate in silence. Everyone was tired and I guess we were also upset about Tess and Al leaving. As we sat there eating I noticed a sober Logan approaching our table. 

"Hey... Eliza may I please speak with you privately" he asked sympathetically. Obviously feeling bad about what happened last night. 

I stood up and followed him down to the other end of the Hall. 

"Listen Lize... I am so sorry about what I did last night. You have to understand, that wasn't me. I'm not me when I am drunk" he apologised and explained. 

"Don't worry about it Logan. I completely understand. I just got a bit freaked out but I am completely fine now. In fact, when I woke up it didn't even come to my mind" I said, putting him at ease. 

"Thankyou so much Lize" he then said gratefully. 

"No problem mate" I replied casually. 

"Here let me walk you back to your table" he said, smiling. 

"Oooh, what a gentleman" I joked around. 

When we neared the table I noticed Emma, Jem, Matisse and Edward sitting there. I walked around to my spot, where Matisse was sitting and shoved her over. She didn't put up a fight which was unusual for her. 

I thanked Logan and he thanked me, sweeping his eyes across everyone before he left. But I could've sworn his eyes lingered on Emma for a while too long. 

Once he was out of sight I spoke up, "Did you guys see that?" 

Everyone looked around at me strangely. 

"See what?" Edward asked. 

"Logan was totally checking Emma out!" I excitedly said, gesturing to Emma. 

"Wha- No way. There's no way a guy would ever check me out!" Emma contested. 

"Ohhh, na Em, Eliza is right. I saw him look at you. It was different from the way he looked at the rest of us" Christina piped in. Wriggling her eyebrows at Emma. 

After we ate I went for a walk to the Chasm. I just wanted some alone time I guess. But instead of being alone I found Will already there. He was sitting alone, hunched over, legs hanging off of the ledge. 

"What you doing here?" I asked cheerfully. 

He just looked up at me, then looked back down. I could tell something was up. So I went to sit next to him, dangling my legs over the ledge as well. 

"What's wrong Will?" I asked sympathetically. 

"Oh, it's nothing" he sighed. "Just Christina and I had a fight last night after I got back from the party. Now she won't talk to me and I'm really pissed off and upset" he explained.