Chapter 20

CHAPTER 20 - Internal Conflict

---

Inside their headquarters, two soldiers from the garrison and some of the new recruited soldiers of the scouting legion have gathered. He looked over the room, noticing that Armin, Annie and Eren were not there.

"Warn the guards of Wall Rose and tell this to Erwin! Tell him I'm calling for an urgent meeting!" Levi immediately commanded his soldiers before they saluted to him and left. A few moments of walking towards where the people were, another soldier greeted him and told him the news.

"Captain! We found this alongside with Ymir's titan body." The Sasha said as he handed over Levi an envelope. It was a normal envelope that a normal person would send. Levi's brows furrowed with confusion and curiosity he wanted to open the letter immediately to know what was written there, but he need to follow the chain of command. He need to send it first to those who were in the higher positions.

"Any other news? Threats around the walls?" Levi asked the Garrison guards that sent them the news and the letter.

The soldier looked at Levi eye to eye before he shook his head. "They only left the titan's body to fall on the inside gates of Shiganshina. The next thing that we saw was a titan running away from the walls."

"Details about the titan?" He asked, looking at the soldier firmly.

"The titan was on four legs sir. With a cart on its back. We were not able to estimate its actual size, but we believe that it was also a shifter." The soldier answered. "Some of the children said that they saw another titan at the top of the walls before the body of the old cadet Ymir fell. We concluded that it was that titan Sir."

Levi looked confused for a moment, digesting what the soldier had said. He then, nodded after sighing. "Very well then, return to your post and fix the existing damage that the titan's body had done."

"Also, bring the body to the main headquarters." After telling his orders, he immediately walked to Erwin's office finding several soldiers speaking to him about the news. The others followed, but with Eren and Annie missing.

"Command all the garrison on guard to guard the walls, inform Commander Pixis about this too. Survey corps be on guard." Erwin commanded before he looked at Levi who just entered his room. The soldiers who received the command soon left the room, leaving them, the main old members of the scouting legion alone.

"There's a letter that was left next to the titan's body." Levi said as he walked towards where Erwin was. Handing over the letter, Erwin looked confused as well. He immediately took the letter from Levi's hand and read aloud what was inside the letter. Everyone was listening to him attentively.

"What the actual fuck?!" Levi commented on the side. Hearing Erwin as he read what was written inside the letter. "He doesn't make any sense!"

The others stayed quiet, Erwin sighed. He as well was confused with what was written in the letter. Trust no one he said. He thought, looking at Hanji as he was thinking.

"He wants us to give him Eren and Annie after telling us to trust no one?" Hanji added that made Levi even angrier. He was so pissed with the content, mocking them was so obvious. But he sure made them all confused. "Demon blood? Blood of devil?" Hanji said as she slowly grabbed the paper from Erwin's hands.

"There are so many things that he said inside the letter." Erwin said while pinching the tip of his nose with his forehead meeting each other. "This is definitely confusing."

"He called Eren his brother. And saving him from what?" Mikasa asked, looking at Hanji. "We need to discuss this with Eren and Annie." She added. Hanji was rereading everything that was written inside the letter. There were too much information and their minds were running wild.