I came for the food

Four took us to the Pit and it was literally a Pit.
" Get some lunch and come meet me here. I will show you to your dorms." He orders.
We all hurry to the lunch line. I just grab what everyone else does, not knowing what any of it was, but the Greens.
I walk ahead of Chris and see Four is all alone so I go and ask him if the seat is taken. He looks up surprised at my appearance.
"Is seat taken" I ask
"No " he says stiffly.
"Why did you sit here. There the whole Pit to eat? " he asks almost curiously
" Because you're so easy to talk too" I say jokingly. It gets some laughs. I guess that's good for my first joke.
I sit down, followed by Christina and another transfer who I thinks name is Will. I stare at by plate unable to figure out what the heck is on it.
" What's this" I ask Will, he looks smart.
"Uh, food"
" I meant the thing in the middle" I say pointing to it.
"Oh! that's a hamburger. Wait, have you never had one before."
Four speaks up this time, " Stiffs consider it selfish to eat meat, kill something so you can live."
" Dang that must have been awful. No wonder you transferred." Will exclaimed.
" Oh yes I came to Dauntless because they have better food than in Abnegation."

After we ate Four showed us to the dorms.
" This is where you will sleep. Any questions?" Four questions us.
"Both guys and chicks?" a kid from the back asked.
" Yes " Four replies.
" Training begins tomorrow at 7! Don't be late, or there will be consequences." He yells.
I turn and open the doors to the dorms, and see public bathtubs. Well, this will be a problem. I thinks.
I take the clothes off one off the beds and go to a corner where it's dark enough for the rest not to see me.
I change and head to go exploring.

After a couple of hours I end up finding a way to the rocks near the Chasm.
This will be a perfect place to practice my powers.
I slip on my ring and sit Indian style, I focus on other conversations. I get few, I start trying harder, going further distances away. I get one of two Amity farmers in the fields talking about how to propose to his long term girlfriend.
And since so far today is good day, I decide to help him out.
I tell him to take him where they first met and start talking about the future. Then finally slip the ring into her hand when you help her stand up.
He will think the idea is his, but that us not the point, I helped him figure out how to propose to the girl he loves. That is what is important.

Enough practice for the day. I think, and head up the corridor again to the dorms. Where I fall face first and drift into the beautiful darkness of sleep.