Stage One

I leave the emptying training room, knowing that we only have half an hour before our first day of initiation.
I slipped in the usual black attire.
Then, I make my way back to the training room. I end up in the training room early, I see Four setting up knives on the table , this will be oh so much fun. He looks up at me, his stare  molding into me, looking to the depths of my sole.
And I just stare back, not knowing what else to do.

After our little staring contest, Four tells me to help set up the knives. I do as he says.

The initiates file in and I stand in the back, not wanting to be seen. Four demonstrates how to stand, breathe and to throw..

Then he hands out three knives each and we stand in front of the targets.

After awhile one initiate who's name I think is Al still can't hit the target.

So Eric tell him to stand in front of the target and orders Four to throw three knives at him. Four does not seem happy about this.

I can't let him do that to Al the Abnegation side of me says and I listen to it, I speak up.

"Any one can stand in front of a target it doesn't prove anything!" I yell mostly at Eric but Four too because he followed orders.

"Ok, Stiff then it should be easy for you to take my place." Eric shots back with a sad fistic smile taking form on his lips.

"Fine." Four seems even more upset with my answer.

I stand I front of the target, and wait.

"If you flinch, he goes back to the target." He says pointing back to Al.

Four sets up and throws the first knife, it lands up above my head somewhere. He throws the second on, it lands in between my left arm and torso.
"Give up now Stiff?" Four asks. He looks pained as he throws the last knife and it nips my ear.

Thank Goodness it was only my ear.
I realized, I never flinched.

After my little selfless session Eric released us for lunch.Four was packing up the knives, I start to help him.
"Thank you. He wouldn't have let me go if you hadn't let a little blood draw." I tell when we finish packing up.

"Meet me at my apartment tonight at 10 when everyone is asleep. I have
Something to tell you" he replied and walks out of the training room.