What Part of "I Told You So" Do You Not Understand?

"Dean, listen. We need to find a way to get rid of the mark." I tell Dean before taking a bite of a burger. Dean just grunts and sips his drink. We are sitting on the hood of the Impala eating dinner after a tiring case with vampires.

"Dean, I'm worried. It's getting worse I can tell. You have nightmares every night. Don't deny it. I can hear you through the walls we are next to each other." I say as Dean tries to cut you off.

"Listen, Jay. I'm fine. Cain coped for over a century." Dean replies.

"Yeah, after years of murder!" I snap.

"You know what I think, I think you and Sam would be perfect for each other." Dean retorts.

"Are you saying that you don't think we aren't good together?!" I ask incredulously. Dean just shrugs and bites into his half-eaten burger. I stop and turn on Dean slapping him hard across the cheek. He drops his burger and I can kind of see his eyes clear. When he looks at me I can tell it wasn't just Dean talking, the Mark had something to with our fight. A red welt is starting to appear on his face.

"Look, Jordan. I'm sorry, I just know you're right and the mark is affecting me." Dean mutters. I pause, is Dean actually telling me the truth.

"Dean we will do everything to get it off." I reply putting a little bit of ice in my words.

"Let's go back to the bunker." I say changing the subject. I go around the car and getting in the passenger seat. Dean slides into the driver seat and flips on the radio. Some 80's hair rock starts playing and Dean cranks the volume. I smile as he presses his foot down hard on the gas pedal.

Once we reach the bunker I have almost forgotten about my fight with Dean. We walk into the bunker and I glance over at the sleeping figure of Sam in the library. I walk up the few steps to him and gently shake him. He snaps awake and throws a random punch, in the wrong direction.

"Go to bed Sammy." I whisper softly. He nods and gets up, walking into his room. I then walk back to Dean who is sitting on the couch.

"Hey, do you want to sleep with me tonight?" Dean asks.

"Sure. Whenever you need me." I reply. I know why he wants me, his nightmares have gotten more frequent and worse. It's because of that stupid mark!

"Just know that I sometimes can't wake up, and I see things." Dean mutters.

"Well, I'll stay with you no matter what." I reply.

Going to bed I had no idea what I was in for. I drifted off to Dean's deep breathing. It started at about 1:30. First came Dean's shout that was what woke me up. He was muttering and writhing under the covers. I tried to wake him with a stern shake to his shoulder. At my touch his hand shot out trying to fight me off. Then his words cleared and I could hear what he was muttering.

"Jay, come back to me!" He moaned, sounding like a forlorn puppy.

"You promised you'd never leave me, you said even if you were possessed you'd find your way back to me!" He says voice becoming frantic.

"Dean, I'm hear. Nothing will happen." I whisper knowing nothing but time will wake him up.

"Give Her Back!" Dean yells.

A tear rolls down my face and I can't stop it, just like I can't stop Dean's nightmare. Then Dean lets out a bloodcurdling scream.

"You killed her. Why?" He sobs before Sam rushes in and Dean wakes up.

"You, you're not dead?" Dean asks when he sees me.

"No, Dean it was a nightmare." I say reaching forward and pulling him into my arms. I stroke his hair until he calms down a little. Sam looks at the two of you before walking back out.

"Why didn't you leave? You didn't need to hear that." Dean asks once he's calmed down enough.

"I told you I'd never leave you. I told you so." I mutter into his hair.