the disastrous trip: part ii

i'd like to dedicate this to ate katie because she's such an amazing, sweet person and also the first person i befriended here on wattpad a few years ago and she deserves a lot of love 

"Kaia, are you serious?" North came barging into the security place on Citywalk. I was heading out of the bathroom, wiping my hands after using the bathroom. It was half an hour later and we'd been held in here because people were claiming that I assaulted Arthur and they needed another person to verify that I was not, in fact, assaulting him.

So we both referred to North.

"I didn't do anything," I immediately defended myself, my hands raising innocently.

His eyes narrowed. "So why am I here then?" It was meant to be rhetoric but, really, I had an explanation.

"Because they think I assaulted him."

"I got that," he deadpanned, unamused. "But why is what I want to know."

I sighed, dropping my hands and leading him into the room. The security guards were watching me warily. The guy was seated beside Arthur, guarding him- as if I were any more of a threat.

I rolled my eyes, plopping into a seat across from the security guy. He was burly, with a good head of hair, and he had been the one to cuff me after he caught sight of the crowd that had gathered around a folded up Arthur. And since I'd been in here, he had fetched him a bag of ice, gave him water, bought him a treat, and stood by him like a little guard puppy. I was getting a hunch that he had a crush, and, as much as I wanted to tease Arthur about it, I couldn't because then the security guy would only get angrier.

"Are you her guardian?"

North darted a glance at me. I gave him a surreptitious nod. He nodded, his eyes falling on Arthur whose head was leaning back, his hands holding the bag of ice to his crotch.

Yes, crotch.

While I was aiming for his ribs, I had inched myself as far as I could- which wasn't so far, let me tell you that. Annoyed at my constant movement, he had stopped as I was winding up and just as I drew it, he turned to me and my elbow, somehow, made contact with his crotch.

"Do you realize that she was assaulting this poor young man?" He sent me a stern glare and I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms with a huff.

North shot me another reprimanding glare before returning the guard's gaze. "I realize that, yes, but I can assure you it must've been some sort of accident."

"You bet it was," I grumbled under my breath.

North raised a brow, but the tight press of his lips didn't waver. Running a hand through his hair, he sighed. "Is there some way you can let them go?"

"Oh, he's fine to go," he nodded towards Arthur. "But she will have to be punished somehow."

"Kinky," I dryly responded, "But please, I'm not into bearding."

North's glare hardened. Sighing, I pressed my lips together. Across from me, the security guard's vein was pulsing, his hands twitching for his baton. Yeah, buddy. Try hitting me with that and I won't be the one getting punished.

"Ignore her, please. She has no control over herself." North apologized for me. "She has a really short temper and I'm sure that whatever happened was a misunderstanding. I'm betting even Arthur would tell you that."

Arthur took that time to look up with a dramatic groan, moaning, "I don't think there was any understanding."

My eyes flared, my nerves jumping at the urge to throttle him once more. And this time, he'd need more than ice bag to heal him.