the disastrous befriending

a.n OK SO I FIND IT SO WILD THAT RD HAS GOTTEN TO 50K+ READS AND 2K+ VOTES RIGHT BEFORE I HEAD TO COLLEGE IN SIX HOURS SO THANK YOU FOR THAT AND I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT I WILL BE TAKING A HIATUS BUT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ MY OTHER SHORT STORIES AS I TRY TO FINISH RD. I LOVE U ALL. STAY SAFE, STAY HAPPY.

The first thing that shouldn't occur to me when I had just woken up from being unconscious again shouldn't be that I've been wearing my bra for too long. But sadly, it is. And there was some reason to it, considering that it felt like I was in a corset.

            If I ever get out of this alive, I've gotta get new bras. I thought to myself as I bent an arm to my back and adjusted the straps. Hell, if I do survive this, I'm gonna give myself a fucking shopping spree at Victoria's Secret.

            "Morning, Sleeping Beauty," someone called from above and I rolled my eyes. Once my strap was adjusted, I turned onto my back and tried to get a grip on my surroundings.

            Everything was dark. I had to squint to even see the top of the ceiling and all I could make out were shadows that were coming from a miniscule hole that was in the bricks. I sat up, running a hand over my face as I turned to the entrance of the room.

            And at the sight of the steel bars that separated me from Gabriel and his flashlight, I knew that this was no ordinary room.

            I was in a fucking dungeon.

            "Are you serious?" I asked. "A fucking dungeon? What century are we in?" I let out an aggravated scoff before I pushed myself off of the floor, patting my legs off of any debris that was sticking into my legs.

            I saw Gabriel's shoulder lift in a shrug. I couldn't actually see his face, but I recognized his voice. He held a flashlight in my direction, though, making it hard for me to look him straight. "Can you not shine that thing at me?"

            "Sure." And for some fucking reason, he had an adjustable flashlight that you could adjust to make it even brighter.

            "You're a fucking asshole!"

            I turned around, blinking to clear my vision. With his light shining behind me, he cast a shadow over the brick walls. It was pure, old brick. There were holes stuck to them, as if to hold prisoners to the wall. A little to the right, just outside the circle of light, I spotted pieces of chain scattered by the wall.

            I jumped at the sound of something scurrying by, just as a rat ran past me, only a foot away from where I was standing.

            The light shook as Gabriel laughed at me. "Aw, is sleeping beauty scared of a small rat?"

            I growled, scowling before I crossed my arms with a huff. "A rat is still better than an asshat like you."

            He grinned wryly, before crouching down and pulling out a box from his back pocket to slide under the bars. The box landed right by my feet. More begrudgingly, I had to admit that the asshole had aim. With a scowl, I carefully picked it up.

            "What is this?" I asked, dangling it between two fingers in case it was some bomb or something. I'd really not like for it to explode in my face. With that thought, I lay it back down on the floor and slide it back to him.

            This time, Gabriel lowered the flashlight, rolling his eyes and sliding it back. "It's food, moron."

            I narrowed my eyes, choosing not to acknowledge the box. "Why?"