the disastrous visit

hello beautiful children and THANK YOU SO FRIGGIN MUCH FOR 5K+ READS. I. AM. ASTONISHED. you are all so amazing and you deserve so much. okay, adios mi amores. ¿tenie un noche buena, si? ¡te quiero mucho todos y tu! (lol idk why i went all bad spanish there. but yeah. i'm emotional, thank you, and have a wonderful night, loves)  

Aiko accompanied me downstairs, worried that I would trip over myself as I descended. I could tell she was scared I would have another break down. Fortunately, I knew she was mistaken.

I'm done with the secrets and I'd resolved that with myself during the sob session upstairs. I think I'd frightened her a bit when, all of a sudden, I'd sat up from her shoulder, wiped my eyes, and strode out of the room.

I marched into the living room, a determined edge to my stance as I slipped between Arthur and Kurt. They were huddled together, North being the other member in the conversation and speaking lowly.

Their chatter stopped as soon as I made my place in between them, worried gazes lingering all over me before I met each of them – except North – with a steady look that said, "Well?"

"Are you okay?" Arthur murmured, his lips slightly tipped down and the green in his eyes mixing with the brown in a haze of worry.

"I'm fine. Where are my parents?"

They remained silent, still hesitant. I felt my irritation building up- the only feeling I would allow myself as my gaze fell to the table in between us. Papers littered the countertop, magazines tossed haphazardly to the floor to make room for some notes and some photos. I picked one up of a pretty girl with fair skin, pin straight black hair, and fancy, big glasses. I assumed she was Celeste.

I put it down, picking up another photo as I felt the boys watch my every move.

And then my eyes caught sight of one specific photo, hidden beneath a bunch of yellow pads. It was of a bald head with a black backdrop and when I pulled it from under the mess, I felt a flicker of recognition.

"I know him," I murmured to no one in particular.

"You do?" North's voice was hard. From my peripherals, I spotted his hands clench tightly to near pale and I pushed back my instincts to comfort him. He didn't deserve that. Not after all the lies he's been keeping from me.

But nevertheless, I answered. "Yeah," I nodded. "I'm pretty sure I have, I just don't know where."

I squinted, further studying him. He had a straight nose, strong, and a sharp jaw line. His skin was incredibly white, eyes blue as the sky. In the picture his brows were drawn as he crossed the street- such a typical shot. Wow, he really was a Lex Luther look-a-like just by the expensive suit and shiny, bald head.

"That's Lee Luther," Arthur supplied unnecessarily.

"I guessed," I drawled sarcastically with a roll of my eyes. "He's the one you saw at Universal's?"

I sensed him give me a nod. Pursing my lips, my eyes narrowed even more as I looked at the unfamiliar letterings on the banner that hid the people behind him in shadows. "Where was this taken?"

"Singapore."

"But you said you saw him yesterday."

Another nod.

My eyes drifted down to the corner where the time of the photo was located. It was from three weeks ago. I looked up at Arthur sharply. "Why is this from three weeks ago?"

His lips pursed. He didn't want to tell me. My eyes hardened. "Answer me."

"Because we had been keeping tabs on him."