Chapter 4

I snuggle next to Niall on the couch. Josh catches my eye at the other side of the room. He smiled. I smiled back. Once in a while he would kiss me. Niall would. His kisses were so sweet and warm. "Ready to go to bed?" He asked. O

"Yep", I answered.

Niall and I were going to share a bed downstairs.

"Good night Syd. Good night Josh. Night Maddie." I mumbled, yawning.

I was changing to my pajamas and I guess I forgot to lock the door, because Niall came in. Instead of saying sorry and leaving, he stood there, staring at my bra. "You look sexy in that", was all he said. I giggled and finished changing.

"So. What were you and Josh talking about?! Were you kissing?!" He slammed me to the wall.

"We were talking about how we were going to be friends. Lets be honest in our relationship. Yes we kissed but it was a good bye kiss. A friend kiss. It was nothing"

"He'll be nothing when I'm finished with him", Niall growled.

"No don't!! It was nothing like that. It's over I promise"

"Shut up!", he slapped me.

My mouth made an O. He hit me. He hit me. As though he realized what he just had done he said

"Sorry I'm so so sorry. I just got a little over protective of you. I didn't want you to get hurt. I'm so sorry. Please don't leave me. I love you."

"Its okay I understand. I love you too." I wasn't sure about Niall.

"You have to be sure of me!", he said as if reading my mind. "You're mine and I'm yours." He pulled me closer to him and kissed me fiercely. It was only the first day. Whatever would happen months from now?

"Niall I have a boyfriend. His name is Garret. I don't like him. He's a jerk. He was being mean when Kylie died and mom and dad were in the hospital. I want to break things off with him." I told him, playing with his collar.

"Dial his number." He sternly answered.

I dialed and gave the phone to him. He waited until Garret said "Hey darling what's up. Want to sleep tonight."

"Listen you Garret motherfucker. Stay away from my girl. From now on, Nicole is mine. Mine not yours. If you loved her you should've taken care of her in her time of need. WE never want to see you in sight again."

Niall hung up and the first thing he did was grab my shirt and kiss me. I guess he really did love me. After that we went on ahead to sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened today.

I thought about Kylie. I'd never see her again. I'd never know where my fleece sweater went. What if Dad recovered horribly from the stroke? He would need medical attention all his life. What if Mom never woke up from her coma? What would I do. I started crying. Hard. I felt strong muscular arms caressing me.

"It's okay beautiful. You'll see your parents in a couple days. Kylie will always be with you." He was so gentle.

"I want to see them tomorrow. I really do."

"Then you will, my apple pie"

"I love you Niall. So much." A tear rolled and I sniffled.

"Sweet dreams lovely girl", he whispered as he kissed my forehead.