Chapter 8

Lights were flashing. Smoke machines were smoking. The air smelled of booze. It was a party. A club party. Niall led me to the dance floor and we danced. Danced like there was no end. After about 20 minutes of grinding, Niall was being a total sweetheart and went to go get us drinks. (Something for him, FRUIT PUNCH for me, I still don't drink.) he led me off the dance floor and off he went. I checked my phone for texts, 3 from Mom, 2 from Dad, 2 from Jake and 1 missed call from Caroline. As I was replying to them, a sharp hand fell on my shoulder.

"Nicole. It's Garret. Your love. Not that guy over the phone or cra-p. I'm hot duhh.", muttered an extremely drunk Garret. He pinned me to the wall, dropping his empty beer bottle to the cold, hard ground.

"Ew what the fuck?! Garret you maybe pretty to some on the outside, but you are ugly to everyone on the inside. Get away from me." I tried to flee from his weight. I couldn't. He was way to strong because of wrestling. Suddenly he punched me. Smack on the nose.

"You do what I want or else", He growled.

"Or else what? I'm not going to love you."

"Nicole, babe. You see, perfect couples are about the looks. You don't see ugly girls with hot guys. You see-"

That was the point where I heard a loud THWACK and saw Niall Horan beating the crap out of Garrett. But when it got to the blood, was when I

was feeling a little nauseous.

"Niall! Uh, can we go now maybe? We can just..eat leftovers", I coughed.

"Anything for you darling!" Niall picked me up with no effort and made a run for it. He pushed open the doors and headed straight to the car. He got in very quickly with me on his lap and started driving. I slid myself to the passenger seat.

"Niall. What. The. Fuck. Was . That. About.", I sputtered. "You could have gotten us into trouble!"

"Babe. I can't let that Garret dude do what he was doing you before. He punched you I saw that with my own eyes."

I glanced up and down at his "battle scars" as Kylie would have said it. He was right. Without him, who KNOWS what would have happened?!

"Fine", I muttered.

We both went inside the house without saying a word. I marched to my room, changing into pajamas. I stepped downstairs again to heat up the leftovers when I found Niall staring out the window. All he was doing was just staring. No emotion.

"Um, Niall? I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. It's just that-", I started.

"Shh. It's my fault. I shouldn't do that. I promised myself that I wouldn't do that again. I just didn't want him to hurt you. I'm sorry and I love you. Now just go eat please.", he whispered as he planted a kiss on my forehead.

I ate my hamburger as slowly as I could, savoring each bite. Mom texted me earlier than Caroline and her husband, Marcus, were supposed to be in town tomorrow. Like she cares about me or Kylie. She's just trying to be the perfect daughter. Mom also texted me that Jake was coming the day after, apparently if your family member dies, you get to leave the college for a certain amount of days. Not that Jake would care either. He would rather party than take place in his little sister's boring funeral.