Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Luckily, Mom was in a rush so she forgot to lock the door. Paramedics scrammed right in. There were two men, one blonde and the other brunette.

"Does he have insurance?" the brunette paramedic asked as he hoisted my daddy on a stretcher. He's like about to die and they care about insurance?!

"Yes he does. Take him to St. Mercy's hospital please. I'll be there." I trembled. At least the three of them can be in the same hospital.

"Thank you. Come to the hospital. We can figure out everything there", the blonde paramedic said as they headed out.

I quickly grabbed my keys and my cell and headed to my black Jetta. I decided to call my best friend Sydney first and let her know of the tragedy. I called her and informed her of what happened.

"Omg that's horrible! You're staying with me. NO EXCEPTIONS." Sydney countered.

"I will. Thanks for a whole bunch Syd."

"Anytime"

Next, I called Jake. He was all the way in London for his college. Who knows what he's been up to.

"Hello? Nicole this isn't the time. I'll call you later." he said as if he were annoyed.

I heard partying in the background. I was furious. I barely get to talk to him. Does he not care for me?

"JAKE IT'S AN EMERGENCY OKAY?! MOM, DAD, AND KYLIE ARE IN THE HOSPITAL", I shouted.

"Oh. What happened?"

I explained. By the time I called Bri, my other best friend besides Sydney, and Caroline, I arrived at the hospital.

I started sprinting to the hospital the second I got out of the car. When I got in, I recognized the hospital. I had been here once when I fractured my ankle during softball. It had the smell of sick people. The smell I hate. The receptionist asked me if I was related to Dad. I answered and also told her I was here to see my sister and my mom.

"Oh my, you're related to those three? Wow, some luck. First things first, Dr.Atkin is taking care of your dad. And he wanted to ask you some questions", the receptionist inquired.

She led me to the doctor who asked me questions about insurance and stuff. I told him that my mom and my sister were hospitalized after the accident.

"You can't see your dad right now sweetie. He had a heart attack and then he had a stroke and is in shock. It will be about a couple days before you can see him. Dr. Baxter is taking care of your mom and your sister. Mom is in room 216 and sis is in 218." The doctor explained.

"Thanks so much" , I told Atkin.

"I'll take you there. Follow me."

I followed Atkin to the 200's with pain and sadness. Why me? It never occurred to me that I hadn't cried. I still don't believe what happened.

I ran into who might have been Dr.Baxter. She was a short, blonde, blue eyed woman.

"What's your name honey? What relationship do you have with Riley and Kylie?" the gentle woman asked.

"My name is Nicole Davis. Riley is my mom and Kylie is my little sister", I trembled in agony wondering what she'd say next.

"I have bad news hun. Kylie is um.. well.. dead. She died about 5 minutes ago. You can go see her. Your mom is in a coma. You can see her in a couple days."

My world stopped. Kylie...dead?! The one who was complaining about mayo earlier? The one who steals all my clothes? My little sister?

"Oh.", was all I said as I stumbled in. "Kylie. Wake up. It's me. Nicole. Your sis. I love you."

When I realised she wasn't gonna wake up, I started bawling. I was on my knees and it wasn't a pretty sight.

"You should go get some rest, Nikki.", Dr.Baxter said as she hugged me.

"I will. Thanks for everything"

I got in my car and drove to my house to get my belongings. Then I started to drive to Sydney's. I dialed Garret and filled him in.

"I'm sorry. So so sorry. But why didn't you tell me earlier?! Doesn't Kylie bite her nails? Doesn't your mom hate me? Doesn't your dad like work all the time?...", he rambled on.

I hung up on him. Garret I'm tired of your bullshit. I'm gonna break things between us. But not now.