Chapter 8: On the Set

"Nice hit Riles!" Kay exclaimed as she hit the ball back. "Next time try to hit it a little harder. Okay?"

"Got it Kay!"

"Girls there you are! I've been looking for you all over."

"Hello Nancy. What's the problem?"

"Oh nothing to worry about, it's just that you have 3 hours until PR. So you have to get your wardrobe and makeup."

"Oh, okay. C'mon Riles! This will be your first time in wardrobe!!"

•••

"Wow Riley, you look amazing," Kay said in the limo.

"You look pretty too! I'm so excited for PR! I wonder what it will be like?"

"Trust me Riley, it will be amazing."

"Girls we are here,"

"Thanks Eric!" Kay and Riley chorused.

They got out of the limo and headed towards the studio.

"Wow! This place is so big!"

"Yeah, it is pretty big, isn't it."

"Ma'am I'm going to need to ask you to empty your bag please."

"Why do we have to take the stuff out? It's just makeup and clothes."

"She's never been on a set before has she." grumbled the security guard.

"No sorry about that Sir. Riley, he has to check and make sure nothing in our bag is bad. And I know that you know nothing in there is bad but the security man has to check. Okay?"

"Okay."

•••

"Woah! This is a big kitchen. Kay I thought we were doing PR."

"Yeah we are Riles, but for PR we are making chocolate chip cookies."

"Ooh! Fun!!"

"Pierre do you have our aprons? And chef hats?"

"Oui oui Kaydence. Right in the dressing rooms."

"Okay. Riley lets go get changed!"

•••

"Kay my apron is white and purple and yours is white and blue! And so are our hats! Everything matches!"

"Yeah. But now the most important part is actually doing the PR."

"Let's go to the kitchen!"

"Okay. Hello there. My name is Adrianne and I'll be the director of PR today. So you two are going to make cookies today. So first you have the flour, eggs, sugar, salt, and butter. Riley you are going to put the dry ingredients in and Kay you will lift her up so she can reach. Let's try that first."

"Okay!"

"Next we are going to have Kay put in the wet ingredients. Riley, I need you to look super interested in what Kay is doing. Go and try that."

"Wait, so are we just making cookies? How is this PR?"

"We are videotaping you guys and taking pictures."

"Oh."

"Now both of you pour in the chocolate chips. Kay you are going to put them in the oven. You will turn around and Riley, you will toss some flour at her. Kay you will get flour and toss it as Riley."

"Put the cookies in Kay! I wanna eat them!"

"Okay, okay, Riley. Just remember you have to throw flour at me."

"Right. Got it."

"Perfect you two! Good with the flour."

Flour was all over the girls's aprons. Riley continued to throw flour at Kay. They both shrieked and giggled.

"Okay girls, the cookies are ready now. Kay, take them out of the oven. Good. Now put them in the counter. Yes. Now Riley you take a cookie and take a bite. Kay, follow her lead. Perfect. Now you two hug. Amazing. Perfect."

"Is that all we do?"

"Yes, we are done with PR shooting now and you are welcome to take those cookies home. The PR shots will be published in a few months, so by September, they should be promoted."

"Okay, thank you Adrianne."