Chapter 9

"Sometimes things fall apart so that better things can fall together" - Marylin Monroe.

Today I woke up feeling fired up and alive! It's amazing how a good nights sleep can make you forget about all your problems. Everybody's moved on with their lives since Paris and it's about time I did too.

Jaheem and Lorraine are having 'a thing' .I haven't spoken to him since we got back from Paris. I had to find out on Facebook when I logged into my account and my timeline was just a shrine of their relationship.

What angered me was the fact that the person I would have called to vent to about it was involved in the betrayal.

I never understood females who hated their ex boyfriends. One day they have love jones for the boy, feening over their corny vibes, instagram photos and their lame jokes. And the next day they're shit talking their exes and spreading rumours about them. That was until Jaheem.

But I'm done being consumed by the hate that winds around my body. I'm done falling into memories of the two of us because the sweeter they are the more painful it is. Hating him only hurts me more than it hurts him. I'm done going through this destructive cycle. Its so damn carnal.

I'll be the bigger person and admit that I was irrevocably attached. This is not a dramatic emotional reflection. The novelty behind this entire situation is that I fell for his alter ego. He
immediately knew what to say, what not to say, which buttons to push basically almost everything about me. And it's a total mystery why he did with the short amount of time I was with him. He was my seven second spark. And that's not something you easily forget.

Our unsolved puzzle is beginning to feel flawless to me. I no longer have to dwell in the past in this whirlpool of emotions to try and find that missing piece. The what happened to us that's been wrecking my brain. The puzzle before me is perfect as it is. I have found my closure.

I feel elated. Turns out all that b.s they say about you coming out stronger after a relationship ends is actually true!

Today's going to be a good day, I said to myself while getting dressed. Asia's invited me to her 'potential bae' Nassau's birthday party. I'm not a huge fan of Nassau, he's self-entitled and rubs people off the wrong way it's probably why he and Asia get along so well.

I didn't want to go because I still need to get some studying done, exams are in 3 days and I'm not ready. But Asia kept saying that it'd be good for me and I could find "bae" . It was a load of crap but sweet to hear nonetheless.

The other reason why I didn't want to go was because I knew Malia would be there too. I haven't spoken to her since Jaheem word-vomited all those spiteful things she did. I feel like it's easier to forgive an enemy that to forgive a friend. Getting information is more important that raising hell on earth right now. So I'll try to be civil and polite.

...

When I got to the address that Asia had texted me I wasn't sure if I was in the right place. The area was too boujee. This can't be where Nassau lives I thought to myself. But there were cars parked out front and I could here loud music coming out of this particular house so I walked up to the door and rang the door bell.

I rang the doorbell for the third time in a minute and still no one came to answer it. I hate being kept waiting so I knocked aggressively on the door, took a step back and crossed my arms to my chest when I heard footsteps near the door.

My heart beat slower when I saw the man who opened the door.

The first thing that caught my eye was his acrylic glasses that shielded his dark brown eyes that sparked with wisdom and intelligence. His eyebrows sloped downwards in a serious expression. His lips were full and pink, tempting to taste.

He was bareheaded but his prominent angular fitted jaw was filled with a clean beard. It made him look like he was in his early twenties, he looked a little like Omari Hardwick. He was also quite tall and carried his height with much confidence.

He wore a white sleeved shirt that had the first two buttons undone. I could barely see his chest. Part of me wished I could, the other part of me needed to get a hold of myself!

"Can I help you?", he said. In appearance alone he was seductive but when he spoke his voice carried much authority and preeminence. At this point I was completely smitten.

"Hello?", he spoke sounding annoyed now.

"Yeah uhm ..I'm here for Nassau's party. Asia invited me.", I said snapping out of my thoughts.

He eyed me down making me feel self-conscious. I smoothed my black turtleneck sweater and fixed my posture. He gave me one last look with his nose twitching and walked back inside leaving me standing there like a lost puppy.

What an ass wipe! I thought to myself. All beauty and no substance! I knew I shouldn't have come to this stupid party. The whole house is probably filled with egotistical jerks like Mr. Beards. How dare he make me feel like I was less than the mud on his damn shoe!

I was tempted to leave but I remembered promising myself in Paris to stop playing the wallflower game and start acting like a Spartan. Now seemed like a damn good place to start!

I let out a slow controlled breath, attempted to loosen my body and walked in.

I scanned the room as I walked in, pausing to admire the exquisiteness of the house. Ahead of me was the living space. Everything was color coordinated in dark hues. I had three words for the dark wood floors: elegant, stylish and manly. The living space was wide and spacious. All the furniture in the room was black and leather. Some people were seated on the bean bag recliner chairs sipping on something in red paper cups.

The walls were decorated with abstract paintings and even a bike on the wall! The ultimate centerpiece was the bar cabinet on my left that attracted a number of people. I spotted Mr. Beards behind the counter pouring drinks for everyone. Great, I was served attitude by the bartender.

I needed a drink but I didn't want to be anywhere near him!

Beyond the living space was a patio with a modern fireplace and some foldable chairs around it. The patio was separated from the living room by a sliding glass door. There was nobody there.

To my right was another room, the entertainment area I assumed. There were people playing pool on the pool table, others just stood to talk with beers in their hands. That's also were the music system was set up. This room was separated from the living space by a tall industrial book shelf.

There were so many people already, I scoped the room for Asia and I saw her holding a book talking to a guy whose face I couldn't quite make out besides the book shelf. I laughed to myself! Asia never reads, she could be outwitted by a brick!

I walked towards them, running my fingers on the spines of each book. They were arranged back to back. So that their insides could not be judged by their covers I guessed. Whoever owned these books had great taste. There were classics like Wuthering Heights and
Jane Eyre, Shakespeares works like Othello, Romeo and Juliet and other books like The remains of the day, Tess of the Dubervilles and Anna Karenina. I love a guy that reads but as I kept reading the titles I noticed that these were a lot of romance novels with tragic endings which was a little overwhelming.

"You made it!", Asia said when she saw me. She put the book on the shelf and pulled me into a hug. "I honestly didn't think you'd come. But I'm glad you did! ", she said with a grin.

I returned her smile and flashed an awkward smile to the boy next to her. She followed my gaze and said, "Hey I'd like you to meet my friend, Zakari."

He held out his hand for me to shake smiling from ear to ear. I was enamored with his smile

******************************
A/N: Hey guys! I recommend you re-read chapters 1-3 which have been edited and more descriptions about the characters have been added.
Thank you for reading.
Your votes and comments are highly appreciated. X