An Olympic Hopeful

Hey! This story is about an olympic hopeful, and how her dream became true. It is partly about Janet Evans, a gold medalist in swimming. I met her a few months back, when she came to speak at our local Y. I just found her truely inpiring, which is why I am writing about her. She told us what it takes to become a great swimmer, and how hard you have to work to get there. I will take some ideas, and such, in comments. 

And keep in mind, in thi part of the book, she is only 11. She will continuelly get older 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

"Ok, swimmers, 100 cooldown choice, and then we are done for the day!" Our coach said.

         I nodded and pushed off the wall to finish up. I was a freestyler, that was my best stroke. I was also faster then the others in my group. At the swim meet last weekend I had just broken a world records for my national age group! Now I just have to finish up this last 50' and I will go and ask my coach something that might change my life. I would ask him what it takes to become an olympian. 

          As I climbed out of the pool, I quickly gathered my kickboard,and pull bouey, and stuffed them in my bag. I grabbed my towel, and eagerly rushed over to my coach.

"Coach!" 

"Hey, Maddie."

"Hey, um, I was wondering, what does it take to become an olympian?"

He turned to face me

"You're a great swimmer, Maddie, are you sure you want to be an olympian?"

I nodded eagerly.

"Ok, well, I want you here, every morning, at 5. I already come here to swim that early so it wouldn't be a problem. Next, Come here after school, an hour before practice starts, and swim with the older kids, the after practice, I will coach you another hour after practice too. But after we aren't going to be swimming. We are going to practice other things like, sit-ups, and push-ups and all of that."

I nodded again. It was a lot, but I didn't care, it was my dream to be in the olympics. 

____________________________________________________________

Later that night I set my alarm clock to 4 o'clock. That would be plenty of time for me to wake up, actually wake up, change, have a quick breakfast, and ride my bike to the Aquatic Center. 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Was that alright? Sorry it was short, I'll write more later.