Day 13: Luke Blurb - New Stocking

You clap your hands, smiling to yourself as you finish the last of your Christmas decorations, pulling up your sleeve to check your watch for the time. You quickly run to the front door, waiting on the front step for Luke to be home any minute.

He's been on tour for a few months, and finally comes home for his Christmas break today, and you can't wait to tell him what will be the best surprise of his life. You feel the butterflies fluttering around in your stomach as his car pulls into the driveway, not even waiting for him to fully park before you run to his car, enveloping him in a tight hug as he gets out of his car.

"You're finally home!"

"I'm finally home!" He exclaims, kissing the top of your head as he holds you tightly.

"Well, come on! I just finished decorating the house, and we can order takeout and watch Christmas movies all night while you tell me about tour!" You grab his hand, pulling him towards the house excitedly.

He chuckles. "Sounds perfect, baby girl!"

He throws his duffel bag on the floor as he follows you into the living room, plopping down on the couch and pulling you onto his lap. He wraps his arms around your waist, looking around the fully decorated living room.

"You did such a good job, baby girl."

"Notice anything different?" You ask, biting your lip nervously.

"Different?" He asks softly, his eyes fluttering around the room before they land on the fireplace. "Baby" He begins slowly. "What's that?" He asks, pointing towards the three stockings hanging from the fireplace.

"Our stockings?"

"Yeah, but" He cuts himself off, slowly removing you from his lap as he walks up to the fireplace, looking over the new stocking, a large smile spreading across his lips as he sees "Baby Hemmings" embroidered on the front. "Is this-is this for real?" He asks with a hopeful tone.

"Look inside." You instruct, standing up and meeting him in front of the fireplace.

He furrows his eyebrows, fumbling around in the stocking before he finds a tiny santa hat with "Baby Hemmings, August 7th, 2016" written neatly along the white rim of the hat.

"I figured the baby could wear it in our Christmas card next year." You admit bashfully, playing with your wedding ring nervously while you wait for Luke to say something, anything.

"I'm going to be a dad?"

"According to your new stocking, yes." You chuckle as he flips his stocking around, underneath "Luke" written neatly in cursive is "Daddy."

Luke laughs in disbelief, pulling you in for a tight hug before kissing your lips softly. "We're going to be parents!" He exclaims.

"I know!" You agree.

He kneels down, kissing your still normal stomach softly.

"I promise you right now kid that I will be the best daddy in the world. I love you so much already, baby Hemmings."

You run your fingers through his hair softly, smiling at him as he stands back up, kissing you passionately.

"Best welcome home present ever."

"You like it?" You tease.

"Love it and I love you and I love our baby so much already!"

He wraps his arms around your waist, pulling you closer to him before kissing your lips feverishly, biting your bottom lip softly.

"Want to go have crazy welcome home party in the bedroom?" He winks suggestively.

You burst into a fit of giggles, gently tapping his shoulder.

"Just be careful, because we have precious cargo with us now."

"I'm always careful, because you're precious cargo." He winks, biting his lip ring.

"Lu, you've already put a ring on my finger and a baby in my tummy. You don't have to be cheesy to woo me."

"You knew what you were getting into when you said yes to my proposal! Now come on! It's been weeks since I got to feel your delicate skin, and I miss my wife!"

He picks you up carefully, carrying you bridal style to your bedroom as he showers you with love, giggling with excitement every so often at the newfound confession of you two being parents soon.