First Day!

~Craig's P.O.V.~

Hi. It's me Prodigy from Mindless Behavior. Well, for the mean time, I'll be known as Craig Crippen Jr.

I say that because for the next four years, I will be just a regular teenager. Well, young adult. We're starting college. Me and the boys. 

We're starting at East Bay Performing Arts College. I decided to major in Vocal Music, but I also take dance, composition, and drama.

Anyway, I was snapped out of my thoughts when Walter called my name.

"Prodigy?!"

"Huh?" I said coming back to reality.

"Huh? What do you plan on majoring in?"

"Vocal Music."

"But, you already blow like Breezy," Roc said.

"Woah, reword that dude. My mind just went straight left," Princeton gasped.

"You know what I mean," Roc said.

"I know, but I wanna learn more about the art of vocal music," I responded.

Walter handed us our paper work.

"Ok, get your mind out of the gutter, and get dressed. We gotta go get some more things for yall," Keshia said as she gathered us up.

"Well, then," Ray Ray mumbled as he walked out.

"Say some' else," Keshia said.

This is going to interesting.

~Janae's P.O.V.~

"Nae?! Nae, wake the hell up!" 

I woke up to my sister, Perri, hollering at me.

"What?" I said as I rolled over.

"Guess what I just heard!"

"What?" I asked with sarcastic enthusiam as I jumped up out of the bed.

I walked to my bathroom and closed the door. Perri popped the lock and walked in.

"What the hell, P?" I asked as I quickly pulled my pants back up.

"Oh like I havent seen you taking a piss before," Perri responded. 

"Still," I mumbled as I turned the shower on.

"Anyway, I just heard that Mindless Behavior is coming here," Perri said. 

"Why?" I asked confusingly.

"They're starting school here. Well, college."

At the sound of that last word, I completely freeze up.

"Oh, shit."

I run into my room and quickly get dressed.

"What's wrong?"

"I have to get back to East Bay. I forgot today was the first day. Tell Mom that I'll..."

My sister cut me off by saying, "Why? What's at East Bay?"

"School!" I yell at her.

I turn around as I'm sliding my shoes on and look out my window. It's a blackish blue colored sky.

"Nae, it's 5:30 in the morning! Why do you have to get back to East Bay?" Perri asked me.

"Why the hell did you wake me up at 5:30 in the morning?" I whined as I kicked my shoes back off.

"To tell you about MB was coming to East Bay."

"Wait, they coming where?"

"East Bay."

My face flushed and  my sister smiled.

Great. Some of the most annoying people in the world are coming to the only place I was and actually liked.

~India's P.O.V.~

"India! Wake up, it's time for school!"

My mom continued to bang on my bedroom door.

"I'm up!" I yelled as I got out of bed.

My mom stopped knocking on the door as I walked into the bathroom.

I'm glad I had a bathroom in my room or else I would have to share one with my sick mother, abusive ass father, and my perverted older step brothers.

I took my quick shower and quickly got dressed. 

I grabbed my things before I walked out my room. I locked my bedroom door behind me.

"When you gone let me hit?" my stepbrother, Zack asked as I walked down the hallway.

"Never," I growled at him.

You would expect your older brother to be someone to protect you, even if he is your stepbrother. But, no. Not Zack and Chris. They are so perverted. And, it doesnt help that they also go to the same school that I'm attending. 

"Oooh, I like em fiesty," he responded.

"Ma, Zack is bothering me again," I said as I sat down at the table.

"Oh, he's just joking," my mom responded in her raspy voice.

"Ma, you shouldn't be out here. You should be laying down," I said as I walked over to my mother.

"I'm okay," she reassured.

"You sure?"

"Yes."

My mother looked away and I saw her wince a little. I knew she was thinking about her illness and her health.

She was slowly dying of cancer and she knew it. Everyone knew. I was also dying. Of pain from her suffering. It was hurting me badly.

I brushed that off when she looked back at me. I smiled and decided to try to lighten the mood.

"Oh, Mom. I start at that new performing arts schooltoday," I said as I walked backto my seat at the table.

"Yes, I heard. What is your major?"

"Photography, actually. It's weird because usually when you think of performing arts, you think of dancing and singing, not photography. I'm happy, though. I love pictures, and I love taking pctures." I sighed.

"I hope you enjoy. And, I'm so glad you're staying on campus. You'll get the whole college experience," my mom cheered.

"I'm happy, too," I squealed.

"Ok, know that you always welcomed back here. And, your room will be safe," my mom assured as she looked back at me.

"I know. I have the key."

My mom started tearing up.

"Oh, my baby's growing up," my mom said as she walked over to me. 

"Oh, mommy," I whispered as I started to tear up, too. "It's going to be okay. I'll come visit. I promise."

"I know. It's just... Who's going to take care of me?"

"Call Remy and see if you can stay with her. I'd stay, but you're the one that wants me to stay on campus and have that college experience."

"I know, I know..."

My mom wiped her tears away and looked up at me and smiled.

"Dont worry about me, sweety. I'll be okay."

"I'll always worry about you. As long I live," I said as I choked up a little.

"I love you, baby. Now, go. Go and get settled in your dorm room. Call me later."

My mother walked me to the door, helping with my bags.

"I love you, too, Mommy," I said as I hugged her.

"Have fun, and enjoy those four years. They shape you for what comes after." 

"I know, Mommy. I love you."

"I love you, too."