Lollipops

Lollipops

Matt and Mello grinned. The audio surveillance devices they had designed together worked! They had planted some in L and Light's living area, determined to discover what everyday conversation between the two geniuses would consist of.

Matt tried to get the cameras to work, but it would take a while. He got the program running, but it still needed some time for the images to load. They heard footsteps and movement, before the speech began.

"Light, please. At least try licking it."

"What? No! Ryuzaki, that's disgusting."

"I can promise you it is clean."

"No. I have no taste for such things."

"Please, Light?"

"No."

"Light, I promise you that you will enjoy it."

"Why would I?"

"Well, do you know what is tastes like?"

"Sugar I presume, since that is the only thing you eat."

"I'm sure it's got more flavor than just sugar."

"How would you know?"

"I don't, considering I haven't tasted it myself. But I've looked at it and personally I think it tastes of strawberries."

"What are you judging by?"

"I just have a gut feeling. Now please will you try it?"

"I... But... Fine..."

Matt stole a glance at Mello. Both of the boys had gone red, yet neither of them could bring themselves to turn the microphones off.

"Mmm..."

"Do... Do you like it?"

"Mm Hmm."

"Good... Perhaps I shall try licking one too."

A rustling of clothes, a wet smack of lips detaching and reattaching themselves to something.

"Mmm!"

"Mmm..."

The two Whammy boys had become quite flustered. They certainly had no intention on eavesdropping on such an incident...

Matt noticed the camera was done loading, and an image was starting to appear. Mello also noticed this and looked the other way.

Matt did the same, but curiosity got the better of him. After all, this was the mighty L. Slowly, he turned around to face the screen.

There were Light. And L... Eating lollipops. Just regular, unsexual lollipops. He looked at Mello, who could only hear wet smacking sounds and "Mmm"s. He was still bright red, and was obviously extremely uncomfortable.

Matt burst out laughing. He pulled Mello around and made him face the screen. He squirmed but eventually looked. The expression on his face changed from horror, to surprise, to relief, to amused, to annoyed, to embarrassed in the space of a few seconds.

Light started talking again, and they focused their attention to the screen of the laptop.

"L, I just realized how terribly suggestive our conversation and actions sounded. If anyone were to have heard this..."

"Well Light, two of my successors heard all of it, and are currently watching us as we speak. I hope they aren't too ruffled, but it should teach them not to spy on their superiors. Besides, their microphone and camera placement is simply appalling. Look, there's the main camera. Give them a wave, Light..."

Matt and Mello swore never to spy on L and his lollipops again.