Part 8: Resolve

Arisa happily ate Key's cream pasta. It was something she missed so badly. Well not as bad as she missed him. But she couldn't say it out loud, her genuine feelings. After eating and clearing the table, "Will your Papa like the cream pasta too?" Arisa nodded "Papa likes food too oppa."

They decided to watch Key's favorite movie Notting hilll. "Oppa, the girl you will like will feel similar to Hugh Grant. It's probably difficult to be in a relationship with a star." Key was caught off guard by her comment. "Would you not accept it if that's the case Ari-chan?" Key began to worry that this is an impending sign of rejection. "If he is as wonderful as you oppa, I will take the chance. There are things which are worth the difficulty." was her reassuring remark. Key inwardly smiled. It seems he has a good chance.

The doorbell rang earlier than expected. Arisa check on door hole and saw her Dad outside. Excitedly she opened the door. "Papa, you're early today." Arisa happily greeted. "When I heard we had a visitor, it would be rude to keep him waiting." As Arisa and her Dad reached the living room, Key stood up and did a ninety degree bow. "It's nice to see you again sir, it's me Key do you still remember me?"

"What's with all this bowing?" Arisa's dad commented. "Of course I remember you how can I forget?" Key straightened himself up. "So what's the purpose of this visit?" Arisa's father was too straight forward. "Papa, please you don't need to rush him."

"I came here to talk to you sir." was Key's reply. "Does Arisa need to stay and hear it?" Key swayed his head. "No, it's for your ears only sir." Sighing Arisa's dad uttered. "Arisa, can you go out and buy us some beer at the convenience store downstairs?" Arisa nodded and leaned in to her Father's ear. "Papa, please be kind to him."As soon as Arisa left the room Key gathered his guts. "Sir I came here to let you know that.."

"What's the rush my boy?" Key was halted. "Have a seat, it must have been a long trip for you." Key sat at the sofa while Arisa's Dad sat at the nearby seat. "What do you want to talk about?" Key gathered his guts again. "Sir, I realized I can't live another day without letting Arisa know how much she means to me." The elder smirked. "So you're telling me you came here to ask for my blessing?" Key nodded. "Didn't you say before that there were no such feelings towards her? Now you are taking it back?"

Key knew that question would be coming. "I was confused at that time and ended up lying. It was my mistake and nothing but regret followed.' Pausing he looked into the elder's eyes. "However I made up my mind now sir, I love your daughter. I will do my best to make her happy."

The older man stared at Key. He could notice how nervous he was. But in the same time he was courageous enough to say what was in his mind. Plus he had the courtesy to go to a foreign country, pay him a visit before confessing to his daughter. Wait has he or hasn't he?

"Have you told Arisa about your feelings?" the senior inquired. "Not directly, but I think some how she feels it already." Key explained. "I cannot stop my daughter if she decides to accept you. But you already know what I want." Arisa father leaned in so Key can hear him better. "Respect my daughter, protect her and sincerely love her. You will most likely have a long distance relationship. It's not easy, believe me I know. In order to make it work you have to find ways and means to compensate the distance."

"Do you approve of me sir?" was the question. "That is for my Arisa to decide. If she does, I have no choice but to accept you right?" the elder said with a smirk. "Personally would you choose me for your daughter sir?" Key insisted. "Why is it important to you?" Key breathed in. "I should earn my future Father in law's acceptance. So he can advise me well on understanding Arisa better." With a raised eyebrow Arisa's dad commented. "So you see yourself marrying my Arisa?"