Part 10- Conversation

"Hello?" Shanaya spoke slowly.

"Hi! How are you doing sweetheart?"

And with that single word, she flushed but then again was worried if he was talking to her this in front of her friends, just to show off. She had recognized Rudra's voice and with that came back her memory of the book store. She had to remind herself that was angry with him, well, not exactly him but his so- called sister.

"Am good, thank you and stop calling me that?"

"Calling what exactly?" She could feel him smirking here.

"The word that you used just now."

"I used "exactly" just now."

"No, before that."

"Before that, I asked you what should I stop calling you?"

"Okay, just before that."

"I don't remember. Why don't you tell me if you remember?"

So he was doing it on purpose and wanted her to use the word. Never!

"Forget it! Why did you call me?"

"To call you, honey, I needed your number which I don't have."

"Okay, fine! Why did you want to talk to me?"

"Look I am sorry for whatever Shanon did. That was uncalled and unexpected. We had no idea that she will go to that level."

"She said she was your sister so you should have known about it."

"She is not my sister, neither Mike's."

"What?" Well, that was a surprise for her. The way that lady was showing all her rights reserved over these two guys, it appeared that she was very close.

"Mike's cousin, Kanika, used to study here and was sister to all of us. She was Shanon's super senior cum friend. So, whenever Kanika used to meet us, Shanon would tag along and she would also get the similar treatment. Now that Kanika has already completed her study and left the college, Shanon is left alone. And for that she is angry and jealous. Not that we liked her very much but we could not say anything since she was always with Kanika. And the worst part was that she was trying to set me up for her younger sister."

"Oh!" was all that Shanaya could say. That was a lot to grasp. And she genuinely felt bad for Shanon, for not receiving the feelings that she wanted from them. But again, you cannot make someone love or hate forcefully.

"Is that all you have to say?"

"What else do you want me to say?"

"Ask something about me? Or better, tell me something about you."

"What do you want to know?"

"How was your day yesterday?"

"Yesterday was..." And then it striked to her what he was referring to exactly. She blushed but gained her compose and said:

".. as usual."

"What??" Seeing his reaction, she had to cover her mouth with force to stop herself from laughing. Yes, this was good. Play dumb and he will retreat. Yay!!

"Oh I did not know that you want your usual days to be like yesterday. I will keep that in mind."

This made Shanaya gasp. She had not thought that he was ready with a comeback, forget about retreat! She could not utter a word.

"What happened sweetheart?"

"Don't call me that. Are you trying to make your friends listen what you are talking and to whom you are talking?"

"What? No!! How could you even think of that? Did you really think that I was trying to show you off to my friends?"

"I was just asking. I don't know you yet."

"Ah!! So, say it like that.. That you want to know me, be closer to me.."

"What?? I didn't say that."

"But you meant that.."

"No!! Not at all! You are cooking up all in your mind."

"I don't know cooking but I am good at inferring and understanding people."

"You just proved yourself wrong."

"Had dinner?"

"No. Will have soon."

"What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Nothing special.. Just usual." She could feel him smiling and laughing but did not understand the reason behind. She had just said that tomorrow would be nothing special just usual... "Oh hell!! He would think that tomorrow would be just like yesterday? No no no no that can't be." She shook her head vigorously thinking about it.

"Sure, I will look forward to tomorrow then." And with that he cut the line.

What had she done? Her mind had stopped working completely whenever he was in close proximity.

She was looking forward for tomorrow. Was she? No. Seriously? May be she was. God!! This was so confusing.

She waited for him whole day but he did not show up. She was disappointed that he did not turn up, frustrated that she waited for him and angry that he was affecting her this way. And she had no idea why she was reacting this way. This was not good for her health. She used to ignore things, people so why was she unable to do the same to Rudra. But from now on, she would do the same. Or at least try.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Readers,

Do you think she will succeed in avoiding him?

And how do you think Rudra will react to this?