7

"Y-your food has arrived." Riko walked over to the booth the three were occupying, a large tray in each of his hands.

He set them down on the table, and began passing out contents, "Three specials, two strawberry lemonades, and one water. If you need anything else let me-"

"R-Riko."

Eclair decided it was time to find out the truth, "Would you like to go on a.. date?"

Both Hisoka and Illumi stiffened at the sudden unexpected question, as Riko stood in shock.

"Y-you mean with me?!" He pointed to himself. Eclair nodded her head as she stared directly into his eyes. She had never noticed before, but his eyes were a clear blue, and went well with his face.

"I-I.. W-w-well um.. S-Sure? T-that is, if you are being serious right now.."

His face was beet red, and Eclair felt kinda bad that she'd asked him, now she would have to actually go, so she wouldn't hurt his feelings.

"I'm serious! So.. I'll give you my number before we leave, ok? Thanks."

She flashed him a small smile, in an attempt to be cute, not realizing that she wasn't only catching the attention of Riko himself.

"I'll be going t-then.. h-haha. B-bye." He waved at her quickly before grabbing the two trays and backing away slowly, only causing himself to bump into another waiter, who cursed at him angrily and sent him scampering off.

"Wow... I can not believe that he actually likes me-"

"I do not approve." Hisoka's serious tone caught her off-guard.

"Nor I, for that matter."

Eclair sighed at the two men, "I don't remember asking. And besides, I'm an adult, I make my own decisions."

"Uhuh. No but's about it." She pressed her finger against Hisoka's lips, "Now, let's eat, and finish what we came here for." She put her hand down.

She examined what Riko said was the "special" and caught herself almost getting sick. It was chicken noodle soup. There wasn't anything strange about it, but she remembered something.

~~~~~~~
"Eclair. I said eat. It." Tears began spilling at the young girl's eyes and she caught herself picking up that terrible spoon she dreaded.
"Mother.. please! I can't!" Eclair pleaded, as her mother grabbed a fistful of her hair.
"Ungrateful little brat. What's wrong with my cookin, eh?! EAT. IT. I'M NOT ASKING."
Reah had poisoned the soup that she had made for the child, bleach and chlorine being the most used ingredient of the day, along with the contents of her infant's diaper.
"...I can't." The poor girl hadn't eaten in four days, and frankly, she'd much rather starve to death than have to put up with this.
"Fine," she slammed the child's head directly into the bowl hoping to break her nose, "What a waste of good chlorine."

~~~~~~~

"Eclair? Are you alright?" Illumi's expression remained blank, but she could tell in his tone of voice that he was concerned.

She sat unmoving, tears threatening to spill as she blinked her eyes repeatedly, "I'm fine. Just no longer.. Hungry."

The two men stared at her silently, but didn't question her statement further as they began to eat their own meals.

"Eclair, do you feel like talking about what you saw when you were summoned? If not-"

"I'm fine. Coming here to eat wasn't the plan. If we didn't talk about this it'd be a waste of your and my time." She interrupted the assassin, her face frowned.

"Let's begin then," he took out what looked like a type of voice recorder, but Eclair wasn't too sure, she never was up to date with the new technology anyways, "What is the first thing you can remember about the place you were summoned to?"

Eclair hesitated for a moment before answering, "I know where I was. I was in one of Reah's experiment rooms.."

"Be specific please."

She rolled her eyes, "I am being-well.. As specific as I can be at the moment."

"Did anything happen while you were in this place?"

Hisoka watched the two in slight amusement, but in the back of his mind all he could think about was Eclair, and the fact that she was going on dates with people he didn't approve of.

'How peculiar.. I guess I will have to mark her as mine, so that these things won't continue to happen~'

"She kept asking me where I hid.. it."
"It?" Illumi looked down slightly, as to not show Eclair what expression he was ready to make, as he stopped the small recording device.

"She can't mean..-"

"Yes, Illumi. 'It'.."

The two adults sat in silence for a brief moment, as Hisoka sat on in confusion, "It?~"

Neither Eclair or Illumi said anything, furthering Hisoka's suspicion.

"I believe we spoke of this once, Eclair? But, you never got to telling me what "it" was~"

"You have no need for knowing Hisoka." Illumi responded curtly, not liking the way Eclair was staring at the magician.

"Oh but, I believe I do," He looked to Eclair, "Afterall~ I've been helping you all of this time, and I'm not even bothering you with having to pay me~"

Eclair sighed and spoke up, "Illumi he's right. I was going to have to tell him sooner or later.."

She ran her hand through her hair, not bothering to look at Illumi, as Hisoka sat on, waiting for an explanation.

"Well.." Eclair began.

~~~~~~~
A/n: lmfao ayy this trash .... x'D

It's 2 am where I live and I'm so bored sksodidiss......

Oh! BTW anyone who's been keeping up with the hxh Manga as of recently knows about the whole.. "hisoka issue" just an FYI

If hisoka dies-- I'm :-| gone. After assassinating togashi tho "//

That's all I guess lmfao