It's Always the Gym Teacher - Chapter 8

      Why had I agreed to Chris's threats?  I was still thinking on it as I sat on my bed later in the evening.  Did it matter if the guys knew?  Maybe they wouldn't care... but they probably would.  It's not like Chris is asking for a good grade.  I could always fail him.  No, then he'd definitely tell.

    He's athletically fit enough to sit out some of the activities.  It's not that big of a deal. 

      No!  I shouldn't let a student walk all over me!  But I can't let him tell everyone.  'What do I do', I thought throwing my head in my hands.  Suddenly, a ringing got my attention.  I looked up to see that the phone on the wall was ringing.  My parents had disconnected my cell phone, but luckily the rent on this place included house phone coverage.

      The caller ID read 'School District' so I answered quickly not wanting it to go to voicemail.  At first I thought it was one of those recorded messages schools send out all the time, but then I heard someone clear their throat. 

    "Ms. Cason I apologize for bothering you at home but there was one issue I forgot to bring up today." Principal Chavis' voice crackled through the phone.  Just like everything else in this apartment, the phone service was terrible.  "I'm under the impression you are saying you are older than you are to your students; am i correct?"  he asked making my breath catch in my throat.

    "Yes sir I am.  Is that a problem?" I finally managed to say.

    "I regret to inform you Ms.Cason that if any of your students discover your true age there is a big possibility of you having to be let go." he said obviously a little upset about this fact.

    "Why is that?  I thought it was fine that I was 17."  did he think I was too young?

    "Oh yes it is!  The only problem dear is that our school is in a bit of a financial problem and some of the top funders are actually some of your student's parents.  I'm afraid that if any of the students knew of your age and told their parents they may assume we are providing inadequate education and move their children to other schools unless you are fired." he explained, making my worry about Chris become even worse.

      "Oh... okay then." I muttered not sure what to say.

      "Thank you for your time." and like that the call was over.  Hanging up the phone I staggered back to my bed, falling face first onto the mattress.  I fell to sleep thinking about what I was going to do about Chris.

*********************

     "Come on Ryan!" I said as he practiced his defense moves with his partner.  "That's it block!" I said walking to the bleachers to sit down.  The boys were still trying to get used to my teaching methods, and for football players, they were not as good at blocking as i thought they would be.  I'm sure they're more into tackling.  That would explain why the school hasn't won a state trophy since 1982.

     I decided to walk by all the teams to make sure everything was going good, Max caught my eye.  He winked before continuing to throw punches.  I rolled my eyes and moved on to the next set of partners, Chris and Gabriel.  Chris was staring at me like he was trying to figure something out.  Instead of staring back I decided to move on to the next partners. 

     "Hey sister!" Alex called while ducking under his Ryan's attack.

     "Hey brother." I said smiling as he demonstrated moves I'd taught him from my self defence class.  "I guess you did learn something from me."