Please Don't Leave Me

Rydel's POV

It's been a few months since Ellington and I started dating. Telling our families when we did was probably the smartest thing we could have done. Not one person had an issue with us being together and they continue to support our relationship. We no longer have to sneak out on dates or hide our love from them. We are almost free to live out the next chapter of our lives together. To let our stories unfold. Almost.

We haven't told the R5 Family about the whole 'Rydellington' situation yet. And I don't know if we plan on doing so anytime soon. I'm not too sure about how the others feel about it to be honest. I do know that Rocky would tell the entire world about us if we gave him the okay. But I also know that the band is important, and the possibility of ruining everything we have worked so hard for, by telling the fans about Ellington and I, continues to loom over me. I haven't told anybody about it, but sometimes I just feel like I have a huge weight on my shoulders to hide my love for Ell, and one false move could send our lives crashing to the ground.

I sigh. I can't keep thinking like this. It's simply not healthy. I get up from my bed and walk across the hall to Ellington's room. We moved out of home a while ago into a 'band house'. This way we have a little more independence, but we can also focus on our music. We each have our own rooms, but most nights I just sleep in Ellington's double bed. I knock on the door and wait patiently for an answer. After I receive no reply, I knock again before opening the door. The room is empty so I turn around and head downstairs. I search all over the house for my boyfriend, but he is nowhere to be found. Deep down I begin to panic, fearing the worst, even though I am sure he is fine. I open the door to the garage, where I can hear a guitar being strummed. Once I reach the bottom of the small steps I see my oldest brother sitting in one of the couches.
"Hey Riker, do you know where Ell is?" I ask and he looks up at me, smiling at my presence.
"Yeah. He went with Rocky and Ross to the supermarket. They should be back soon."
Relief washes over me. He's alright.
"Thanks Rike, I'll let you get back to writing."
"Anytime sis."
I head back up the stairs and open the front door. I take a seat on the front step of the porch and wait. After about fifteen minutes, I see Rocky's car come around the corner of the street and pull into our driveway. The three of them climb out of the car with grocery bags in both hands. As soon as I see him, I leap up from the steps and rush towards Ellington. He looks up to see me running towards him and places his bags on the ground to catch me as I jump into his arms.
"Haha hey there Del." He chuckles and spins me around.
I wrap my arms around his neck and crash my lips onto his briefly.
He rests his forehead on mine, staring into my eyes.
"And why is my lovely lady feeling so affectionate today?" He smirks.
"I just missed you." I state and peck his lips again.
"Naww you're too cute Dells!" He laughs, finally setting me down.
I bend down and pick up one of the bags in my right hand, my other hand finding his.
We walk inside and put away the food from our bags and from the bags that Ross and Rocky have so kindly left on the bench. When we finish, Ellington closes the fridge and turns to face me.
"Wanna go for a walk?" He suggests and I nod. He takes my hand and leads me outside and we begin walking down the footpath. We stroll amongst the houses in our small neighbourhood until we reach the local park. We take a seat on the park bench that faces the playground and Ellington throws his arm around my shoulders. I rest my head near the crook of his neck and we watch some children playing on the monkey bars.
"They're so cute, I just want one for myself!" I squeal and Ellington laughs.
"Seriously Ell look how cute the girl in pink is. I just want to squeeze her chubby cheeks and take her home!" I look up to see him smiling as he watches the two kids run over to the sandpit.
"Don't you just want one?" I say and his face turns more serious as he looks at me, almost as if he is studying me.
I blush, realising what I've said, suddenly feeling awkward.
" I ugh.. I mean.. Like I don't WANT to have one.. Well I do.. But not yet! I umm.. I.." I stutter.