Chap 19 /Counting Stars/

Chapter 19

~*~*~*

The aroma of freshly baked bread, accompanied by the pleasant scent of newly baked cookies strongly occupied the room. It was enough to make someone salivate.

You carefully took hold of your steaming chocolate drink, gingerly inhaling the sweetness that flared upon the brown liquid before tapping the cup with your lips.

Delicious...

Slowly, you savored the flavor, smiling in satisfaction.

You glanced beside to the window, witnessing the star streaked sky from above. Each star illuminated like lanterns in the dark, and for some reason, they came out brighter compared to most nights. Once again, you inhaled deeply, taking another careful sip from your drink.

"Damn it, woman! For once, will you just leave me be?" Stan shouted from across the room, his irritating tone bounced heavily to the calming atmosphere.

"Dear, please. It won't kill you. Besides, it's just for tonight." Ophelia's sweet remark came out steady.

"Tonight my shirt! This suit is already strangling me!" Indeed. Stan stood by the corner, looking more miserable than usual.

He was tucked with a colorful checkered shirt, along with neat grayish pants as his feet were forced under long pointed shoes. Quickly enough, you took out your phone and instantly took a shot.

Stan jumped back, looking quite startled. "H-Hey! That better not be a picture of me!"

"Of course not." You answered, blowing a raspberry. "This is a picture of a sophisticated and civilized man. Both of which does not describe you."

"Why, I ought 'ta-"

"Now, Stanely." Ophelia quickly cut in, moving in front of the old man. "(Y/N) was just teasing, aren't you, Dear?"

"I'm quite serious actually." This earned a low grumble from Stan, to which you gave a smug grin about it.

"Now, now. There's no need to be grumpy." She fixated, swiftly glancing to you. "(Y/N), dear? Will you be so kind to go bring your friend down here? The fireworks are going start in a few hours. We certainly don't want our guest to miss it, now don't we?"

"Is that why you forced Stan to wear that awful suit for?" The old man immediately glared. "Why don't you already beat it, kid? I might as well go naked from all this frustration cooped up inside."

You made a face before playfully sticking your tongue out. "Gross..."

"Yeah, Yeah. Tell me something I don't know." He waved, grumpily letting himself be pulled by Ophelia. "Now, go get 'yer friend. She doesn't know what she's missin'."

The journey back to your room was awfully quiet, and it was safe to admit that you were extremely uncomfortable, even though this was your territory.

Gently, you leveled both steaming cup of chocolate in hand, balancing it with slight uneasiness before knocking on the door.

"Greenie?" You carefully called out, gentle enough to not startle the alien. "It's me." You added, only to frown from the stillness of the door in front of you.

"Stan isn't here, as well as Ophelia. Can you open the door for me?" You continued to talk, adjusting your position. "Last I checked, you wanted to get fat. And, well, fat isn't exactly a good thing. Got hot chocolate for you. The heat could technically burn off fats and calories. At least..." You trailed off, sounding quite uncertain.