Chap 20 /Fancy Reunion/

Chapter 20

~*~*~

"I don't know about you, but I'm already starting to regret this." Stan grumbled, obviously discontented from the good deed he'd begrudgingly done recently.

"Oh, my precious! My precious precious enhancers!" Peridot beamed from the corner, currently ogling her gem tech that had been snatched without permission a few earth rotations ago. "I am never letting you out of my sight again!"

Stan immediately made a face and backed away. "Eesh, what a freak show. Get her out of here before I change my mind."

Upon hearing this, Peridot hissed and skipped a few steps away from the old man. Both bristling and humming as she started to reassemble her enhancers in place.

He turned to you, annoyed and obviously irritated. "There better be something in return for me, kid." His eyes narrowed, nose flaring up as he spoke sternly. "Now, how much dog dollars are you willing to pay me?"

"Hmmm...let me think..." You hummed, going over to his side and planted a kiss to his cheeks.

Stan jumped back as if he was burned from the touch. His eyes were sharp in panic. "Who are you and what have you done to my granddaughter?!"

You chuckled in response before going over to Peridot's side. "So, how is it?"

"Hmmm...technically speaking, my connectors could do a few more power charges before it could operate the way it used to be. Operationally speaking, they seem to be much less defective as I'd originally thought."

You cocked your head to the side in puzzlement. "Meaning...?"

"They're absolutely perfect!" She charged and didn't even hesitated in engulfing you in an embrace. "Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you sooooo much! Did I already said thank you? Thank you!"

"Yes you did, Greenie." You chuckled, returning her embrace.

"I'm telling you, Ophelia! Tell me straight in the face that that couldn't possibly be our granddaughter!" Stan argued from the side, persistently dragging his aged wife.

The woman merely gazed and gushed over like a teenage fan girl, much to her husband's horror. "Oh, Stanely...they're perfect!"

It wasn't exactly surprising how taken aback he looked. "That's it! All of you are completely deranged!" He shot back, randomly flinging a small brief case and a sombrero out of nowhere. "I'm heading off to Mexico!"

The woman ignored her husband's crazy antics and made her way to you, hands clasping on yours. "Are you really sure you want to go?"

You scratched the back of your head nervously, glancing beside to the alien who'd been more cheerful than a kid in a sugar rush. "Grandma, I' won't be completely gone. Besides, it's a new year. I did promise Peridot to show her around a few places here and there."

"I see." Ophelia nodded. "I mean, if you teenagers would like to...I don't know-what do you kids call it these days? Oh! That's right! Make ou-"

"No! No! It's nothing like that!" You defended, cheeks quickly steaming in embarrassment.

"Oh, hush, Dearie! Stanely and I have been doing it quite often back during our days..."

"Please, just spare me the details." You begged, already grabbing your extra luggage from the corner and feverishly pushing Peridot towards the door.