So Much Has Happened

"Omg! Did you watch the X factor last night?"

"Aren't they cute!"

"Eeek! That boy Harry is sooo dreamy!"

'What's up with all these girls today? What's the x factor? I've never heard of any of these people!?' Is all I think. Every girl is going nuts over this show. I mean I don't watch tv at the orphanage but what's so great about it. I talk to one of the girls at my school who talks to me most. "Hey umm Ruby? What's with everyone and that show 'The X Factor'?." Her eyes widen.

"You're telling me that you haven't heard of 'The X Factor'?! Who are you!!?!"

"Haha well sorry but there's not many channels on my tv. Plus you know how many little ones are there."

She sighs at the thought of practically not having a tv. "Well it's a singing show and these five really hot guys were at the audition and made it through!" She smiles her cheeky smile. "Oh lord yes!" Eyes rolling back, "imagine a world where they get put together!! That's the world I wanna live in!" I thank her and back away scared that she might pounce on me with the image of them all in her head. Well now I know that five 'dreamy' guys made it to through auditions and one was named Harry. I need to find out the rest. Not knowing is killing me.

~~~

I get to the orphanage from a long days work of school. "Miss Evers? May I use the computer real quick. I know I've used up my privileges but I have to look up something." She spins around in her chair. A grin creeps onto her happy face.

"Yeah that's fine love. Just hurry cuz I need your help with the children."

"Yes ma'am." I scurry away so I can hurry up. Miss Evers has always thought of me as her own. I am the oldest at the orphanage so I'm required to help care for the younger ones.

I type in 'The X Factor auditions 2010' and results pop up like crazy. I click the first result and a new page appears onto the screen. This page has names and pictures of all the men and women who have made it to the next rounds. I find Harry whose last name seems to be Styles. His photo is a young man with thick curly hair, dimples, a cheeky smile, and eyes that you can fall in love with. I scroll a little more and figure everyone is talking about the Zayn Malik guy, Niall Horan, and Liam Payne. They are all so attractive and have eyes to die for. I scroll a little bit more and find an extremely familiar face. I read the name and it clicks. That's my Louis. The Louis I've never forgotten. The Louis I loved for so long hoping to see him. The Louis that kissed my lips for the first time.

I almost cried at how grown up he looked. His matured face. His eyes as blue as ever. His smile. That same smile that brought up my day. My one and only love. 'I wonder if he remembers me. He probably doesn't. I mean with his singing career about to take off. His mind isn't set on me. Even if it was I'm just a good for nothing girl. I try to fit in and never have, never will.' I close my eyes at the thought and a tear streams down my face. Soon more plummet to the key board. Crashing at the letters. 'Why me? Why do I have to be here? What did I do to deserve this?!' My thoughts run wild.

"Brooke! Are you done in there yet??" I hear Miss Evers yell from down the hall. I wipe my face making the tears disappear from their original place.

Clearing my throat I finally yelp out," Uh yeah I'm coming now ma'am!" I hit the red x in the corner of the screen and my Hughys face is cleared from the screen. I jump up and swipe my face one quick time and head out of the room.

The sudden whines of all the youngsters fill my ears. "I want this I want that!" Is all that can be heard. Miss Evers looks so tired and frustrated. She does so much for us. I must return the favor.