Chapter 1: Jenessa

Fendar left the city of Iverstead. He rode Shadowmare to his home in Riften. He got home and met with his wife, Jenessa, a dark elf mercenary he met at the Drunken Huntsman up at Whiterun. He remembers the first adventure they had, when they faut the Great Dragon at the Throat of the World. But I will tell you her story, and why she was a mercenary.

It all started during the Oblivion crisis, she was sitting at her home, praying to Talos that it would all stop, and the warriors of Tamrial would come to their world and end the crisis. Just then a pack of ice wolves attacked her father, she heard his screams and saw five ice wolves dead, and her father, dead. But when she went to see his body she saw no claw or teeth marks, no, he was too strong for those wolves, but arrows, four of them. He was killed, murdered by petty bandits. She felt rage, sadness, and fear. Fear, Jenessa never felt scared, never. Her father had been with her always, when she was born, hunting, when Mom died... wow she thought, when Mom died she didn't feel this bad, why? It was only one year ago, also killed by bandits. She looked at the arrow, it had a symbol on it like an eye, the same symbol on the arrow that killed Mom. This can't just be a coincidence, can it? Jenessa knew one thing, she would kill whoever keeps sending these bandits, but not with an arrow, no, but her father's sword.

Jenessa knew she couldn't handle an entire bandit base, alone that is. She went over to her friend's palace, he was court wizard for Jarl Tadin. His name was Taldeir. She walked up to him and said "I need a favor done, after all you owe me." Taldeir could tell something was wrong, he could just here her tone, but what was it. "So will you help, please?" she said. Then Taldeir got it, it was fear, a tone he had never heard from Jenessa. "Sure" he said. "Thank you, my father was just killed by bandits, I just want you to distract their army while I sneak in and..." "What! You were attacked? Are you okay?" Taldeir said worried. "I'm fine, but my father isn't," she pulled out the arrow, "have you ever seen this symbol before?" "Yes, and I'll have you know your getting in to dangerous waters if you get included with their business, thats the symbol of the Overlook, a vicious and dangerous group. We'll need to get a few more attackers." Jenessa thought of Brank, the leader of the Thieves Guild at the time. "I'll be right back," she said.

Brank was sitting near a large fellow, three times the size of him. Jenessa tapped him on the shoulder and he jumped up, drawing his dagger to her throut. "Take it easy," she said, "I just need a favor, im trying to find the man who sent a soldure to kill my dad." Brank's mood changed, they had been friends ever since the crisis started. "I'm in," he said with no hesitation.