Chap 8: An Invitation

Kitten's POV

After classes were over, I walked with Remus, Sirius, and James to the common room. On the notice board there was a new piece of parchment tacked up. I skip over dragging Remus with since we were holding hands. I read it. "Hey look guys! There's gonna be a beginning of the year ball!" I exclaimed. Sirius and James walk over.

"That's weird. Do they think that's going to make us excited or something for school?" James wonders aloud. I shrug.

"I dunno! But it seems like fun! Don't ya think, Remus?" I say turning to Remus. He shrugs a little.

"I guess. I mean it could be fun. When is it?" he asks. I turn to the notice board.

"This weekend!" I exclaim. I turn back to my boyfriend and he doesn't have a smile. "What's wrong?"

"This weekend is the full moon," he says. My smile quickly drops. I look down.

"Oh," I mutter. I glance at Remus and he nods.

"You should still go, though. You haven't been helping us anyways," Sirius says. I look up at him quickly in anger.

"That's because you boys don't want me there!" I reply. He looks away. I sigh and walk over to my rocking chair in the corner by the windows. I sit down and Lily walks in. I glance at her as she's looking from me to the boys.

"What the hell have you boys done this time?" she asks. I turn to look out the window. I tune them out as they argue and others start to fill in. I watch as owls fly past carrying messages. They're beautiful as they soar through the air, lighter than air.

I snap out of my thoughts when Remus walks over and taps my shoulder. "It's dinner time, love," he says. I nod and stand up. "I'm sorry about earlier. I don't want to hurt you as bad as I did." I sigh.

"That was two years ago, hun. I'm stronger now. I'm tougher," I reply. It's Remus's turn to sigh. He shook his head.

"Please, just don't, love. Go have fun this weekend at the ball," he says. I know I can't win and nod. I probably won't go anyways since my boyfriend can't go. I would have no one there with me. I grab Remus's hand and kiss his cheek.

"Alright. Let's go to dinner, I'm starving," I say. He laughs and squeezes my hand.

"Of course you are." We walk to dinner together happily.

Severus P.O.V.

'Classes are over, finally!' I thought as I walked to the common room from Transfiguration. As I walked in kids were crowding around the announcement board. "What's going on?" I ask a girl nearby. She turned and smiled.

"Apparently there's going to be a ball this weekend!" she exclaims. I nod and smile. 'I could ask Kitten to come with me! That would be great!' I grin. The girl gives me an odd look but I ignore it and walk upstairs to my room. I take out parchment and start to write a quick letter. I scribble out a few things a few times.

Dear Kitten,

There's a ball coming up, you want to come with me? I know that they don't want you going with them for the full moon. So how about having some fun?

With Love, Severus

I smile at my work and roll it up. I find a blue ribbon and tie the roll up. There was an owl already in the dungeons hooting and flying around. I walk over and put my arm out. The small pygmy owl lands and I give it the rolled up parchment. "Take this to Kitori, please," I order. It hoots and flies away obediently. I smile hopeful before heading to the Great Hall for dinner.