The Devil, a Bet & Me: Chapter 1

Chapter 1

“Aw! B-But mummy, I don’t want ya to go!” I fake screamed hanging off of my older brother’s leg like a little 3 year old.

“Get off of me” He shook his leg violently and I clung onto it for my dear life. I was trying to piss him off, and so far it was working.

“But, mummy!” I shouted in a high pitch voice, trying to sound like a little annoying kid, “I don’t wanna let go”

“God, what the hell, Carmine” He sighed, his voice tinted with irritation. “You know that I have to go, if I don’t show up for another day I could get fired. I will only be gone for a few hours”. He was trying to act mature, but we both new that he could not care less about his part-time holiday job.

I clung onto his leg tighter and looked up at him through my eyelashes. “I don’t have anything to do. I will get bored”. I stared him straight in the eyes and tried to make my eyes look as innocent as they could get, “Please bro bro” I pleaded.

“Ugh, your so annoying. You know that? Fine, just fine” He sighed, giving up and walking over to a locked cupboard. He took out a key and slid it into the lock, causing the cupboard to open. He pulled out two remote, one for the TV and the other for the DVD player. I quickly released his leg and grabbed the remotes out of his hands, before he changed his mind.

Once I had the remotes securely in my grasp, I smiled up evilly at him. “Thank ya Prancis” I said, emphasizing the ‘p’.

“Stop calling me that, unless you want me to take them away” He warned eyeing the remotes. I gripped them even tighter.

“Fine, fine. Thank you so much almighty, great and handsome, annoying little prick Francis” I said, mumbling the last few words. Francis roughly patted my head, well more like slapped it. His façade of acting mature was wearing off.

“That’s better little, fat, piggy”. He slapped my head one last time before walking out of the door and driving off.

Now I know what you must be thinking. First of all, my brother, Francis, is the douche of the century. Although sometimes he can be nice, well not really sometimes, it’s more like rarely. He has just about tortured me through the 17 years since I came into this world. Secondly, no, I’m not really a pig as you might have guessed already, and no I am not fat at all, even though ‘Prancis’ just likes trying to piss me off. Thirdly, I’m kinda not allowed to watch TV or any movies at all. I mean its not like it was my fault that I had an impulse to spend my whole weekend last week, while my parents were away, cooped up in the house, with the lights off and the curtains drawn, watching horror movies and playing COD and gears of war, while staying hyped up on caffeine and chocolate. I’ll have to say, although it totally backfired by having my parents walk into a trashed, dark and dirty house and to see me centimeters from the screen of the TV, it was completely worth it. Normally, kids my age would throw a party if their parents went away for a business trip for a whole weekend or they would actually go to a party or do something stupid. Some people might see what I did and classify it as stupid, but what I did was awesome. Especially since I’m a 17 year old girl, which actually has quite a lot of friends. Okay, I’ll admit I’m weird, but hey, who isn’t?  Being weird id unique and I would rather be my weird self, then to try to be someone I’m not.

I walked over to the DVD stand and took out Saw. I plopped it into the DVD player and went to the kitchen to make some popcorn and some delicious coffee. Yes, I’m addicted to coffee.

I then sat down on the couch, with popcorn in one hand, coffee in the other and watched as the movie began to play.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

“Rinnnng” The doorbell rang and the sound echoed throughout the whole house.

Aw, I was just up to the bit where the guy saws off his leg to try to save his family. I lazily get up off of the couch and make my way over to the door. I already know who is at my door. Mom and Dad are working late, Francis the douche is out at his summer job. Lexi, my sister, is staying at her friend’s house. So that only leaves one person…

I swing open the door, at the same time saying “I knew you would come!” I take it the handsome face and the drool worth body of the cute boy in front of me.

“ Hiya Carmine. Just thought I would stop by” He replies, smiling at me, trying to act cool.

“Jamie, cut the crap and give mama a hug” I demand and he wraps me up into a tight hug. Jamie is my best friend. He is more like a brother to me. I met him in primary, back when he was a little, weak and chubby kid. One day some kids were bullying him and I beat them up. I hate bullies, they degrade people, wreck their self-confidence. Ever since that day we were best buds.

I step to the side to allow him to enter my house. “Wanna finish the movie with me?” I question, glancing at the TV, then looking up at him with my big, green puppy dog eyes.

“Nope” He replies swiftly, sadly he is not affected by the puppy dog look. “Actually, I wanted to ask you if you want to come to a party with me”

“Who’s house?” I sigh, slightly peeved. I really wanted to finish the movie, even though I have watched it 7 times before, it’s still an awesome movie.   

“It’s at Collin’s house. His parties are always awesome. Come on.” He pleads.

“Nope” I say popping the ‘p’.

“Pretty please with sugar on top.” He pleads yet again. “Please, Please”

He must really want to go. Hmmm…”Fine” I mumble,” I will come with you on one condition. You have to help me tidy up the house while I get ready”

“Alright, fine” He huffs, while moving over to the couch to clean up some spilled popcorn.

“Thanks munchkin!” I shout as I bolt up the stairs. I'm not a fan of parties at all, most of the parties that I have been to have sucked, but I will not let Jamie go to one alone. Who knows what could happen?

I run into my room, and pull out a simple blue tank top, a batwing and some black jeams. I throw on the clothes and look at my reflection in the mirror. I look okay, I guess. I apply a coat of mascara onto my eye lashes and then move onto applying some lip gloss onto my lips. Perfect. Not too much and not too little.   

I walk down the stairs and realize that the house is just about spotless now. Wow. I only took about 5 minutes to get ready, Jamie sure works fast.   

I walk up to Jamie’s car and slide into it. “You know you should become a cleaner or something” I suggest.

“Seriously, why would I want to be one of those?” He mutters while starting up the car and driving down the road to where ever Collin’s house is located.

“Cause your good at cleaning things, and apparently your very fast” I reply, while staring out of the window into the dark night. My parents will probably be working until 1 o’clock or something, and even if I come home later than them, they won’t even realize that I’m gone. Lexi is sleeping over at her friend’s house and Francis is an idiot anyways, so he won’t even give a shit if I’m out.

“Come on, let’s just have fun tonight” Jamie says, while turning up the music on the radio.

It is going to be a very long night...