Werewolf

"Tat!"

Tatiana flicked her gaze towards the girl across the field. Her short black hair had been pinned back from her Asian face but had come loose throughout the game. She kicked the soccer ball between two boys towards Tatiana, who stopped it in its tracks before shuffling it between her feet as the rest of the students from the opposing team crowded around her to prevent her from passing.
Tatiana found a small gap between two people, and shot the ball through, letting out a high pitched whistle.
The Asian girl caught the ball with her foot and also began shuffling it between her feet. Once Tatiana was free of the crowd, she moved towards the goal once more. 

Tatiana shoved her toe under the hurtling ball and kicked it into the air. It bounced off her knee, then she head-butted it towards the unsuspecting goalie, who was hit in the head attempting to stop it.

He stumbled back with the ball, and their PE teacher blew the whistle.

"That's Game!" He called, "You alright, kid?"

The goalie was sitting on the grass rubbing his head, "I stink at being a goalie, don't I?" He asked Tatiana as she walked up to him and held her hand out.

"Yep," She smirked at him.

"You two should be on two different teams, you know," The boy ran his fingers through his pale blonde hair roughly, unsticking it from his sweaty neck and forehead.

"So you keep saying," The Asian girl muttered under her breath with a strong Japanese accent, an innocent smirk playing on her lips.

"Because you keep being put on the same team!" He snapped back, his eyes lighting up as he saw her smile.

Tatiana slapped his shoulder, dragging him out of his romantic fantasies, "Help me out with this, Ross."

The boy, Ross, sighed and flicked his hair back behind his ear. His side fringe was slightly too short to stay back but he'd stopped minding the hair in his face years ago.

They picked up the soccer net and carried it back to the fence, behind the football goals for the next sports class.

Tatiana turned back to her Asian step-cousin, her curly brown hair flying in the wind. She pulled it out from her face and looked at her, smiling.

That was when she saw him.

His long, dark chocolate hair brushed lightly against his face, waving in the wind like a perfect drawing. His eyes were emotionless, looking more grey than green, now that he was calm and no one was shooting at him. He was wearing a similar grey tee shirt and jeans to that horrifying day. His hands were tucked safely in his pockets, giving the implication of a strange, mysterious calmness, that promised secrets behind his blank mask.

Then the picture perfect scene ended. A smirk broke out across his face as soon as their eyes met as though he'd been waiting for her to notice him. How long had he been waiting there?

Tatiana's hands clenched into fists, and she set her jaw. Although he was on the other side of the field, she could tell he was laughing when he threw his head back.

"Tat?" Kanon, the Asian girl, broke their electric stares. Tatiana's stare had been like a lightning shot directed at the boy, while he had seemed merely static. Not meaning anything, but still annoying, "Are you OK?" Kanon frowned, "You're growling again..."

Tatiana hadn't even noticed she'd been growling, but she stopped immediately. She tore her gaze from the boy and looked down at her short friend.

"I'm-" Fine, she was going to say, but Ross cut in, still raking his fingers through his damp hair.