1

Empty. It was all that I could feel. Every time I opened my eyes until I closed them again, it was all that I could really feel. I had no parents or any other biological family. I lived in a luxurious house, ate tasty food, and had really nice housemates. My life was good, but something was missing. I missed the whole important thing. I meant…I didn’t recall any single thing about my life before a week ago. Yeah, I just regained conscious a week ago after a month unconscious state. The memories of that week were all that I had.

I heard a knock of my room’s door. I sat up shifting the blanket before getting out of my bed. “Come in.” I walked to the door opening the door to see a handsome man holding a glass of warm milk for me to drink in the morning. “Good morning, Em.” He greeted nicely. “Hi, James.” I greeted him back with a little smile. “I bring milk for you. I know this is your favorite in the early morning.” He said kindly.

I took the glass and gave him a thankful smile. “Thank you very much, James.” I thanked him sincerely before drinking the milk until the very last drop. He just smiled and ruffled my hair a little before leaving me hanging alone in front of the door.

“I need to take a wash.” I reminded myself. I walked to my wardrobe before looking confused at the rack of beautiful dresses. I took a minute and ended up choosing the dress randomly. I picked a plain baby blue dress one with a white ribbon on the neck. It was a knee length dress. “Good enough.” I complimented before walking to the bathroom which was a private bathroom inside my room.

000

It was great. I loved the feeling that I had after bathing. I felt so much at ease. I walked through the corridor to the living room. There I saw James sitting alone watching the TV and he gave me a smile when he realized my existence in the room.

“Hi, Em. Come here.” He said tapping empty side of the sofa next to him. I shyly sat beside him. Not long after that, a very graceful girl came over. She gave a peck on the lips to James before greeting me as well.

She sat at the left end of the sofa which was also meant on my left. “Nice to see you, Em.” She said kindly. It was the first time I got out my room after regaining consciousness.

“Nice to see you too…umm…” I replied awkwardly. I forgot her name. I remembered James’ name, James Barnes, because he always brought me milk every morning. But her…I only met her once when I regained conscious because the whole housemates were there waiting for me.

“Gabriella. Gabriella Walker. Note that, okay? If you don’t mind, I’ll prefer you call me Brie. You used to call me that way anyway.” She reminded me understandingly. She was so kind.

I nodded. “Okay. I’m sorry that…I forgot.” I apologized feeling bad about it.

“Oh come on! No more formality, please? Think of me as your sister. We’re no strangers, Em.” She complained a little in a pout.

“It’s hard, Brie. Every single thing is an unfamiliar thing in her memory now. We can’t blame her, though.”

I saw her face looked real sad. I looked at her sadly as well. “I’m sorry…I can’t recall a thing. I’m sorry. Really sorry.” I felt like crying.

“Now…now…Emma.” She hugged me sincerely.

All of sudden, a big crashing sound could be heard from outside. Brie hugged me protectively as James looked out of the window. James turned around to us and sighed. “Michael.” Brie released me from her hug. James looked at me seeing I didn’t get a thing from his one word. “I mean…Michael Sparks, our housemate, is home.” He explained to me.

“…and what about the sound just now?” I asked curiously.

James made one weirdly funny face. He looked like a little boy who hid something from his mom. “He…just…” James reluctantly looked at Brie. Brie frowned seemingly knowing what happened. “His motorcycle wheel accidently…just shoved…some of your flowerpots…a little too hard…so…they were broken to pieces at the ground.” James smiled awkwardly at the end.

“WHAT!!!??” She was pissed off. She ran out without saying another word.

“I gotta go. Bye!” James said before leaving. I only giggled a little seeing them leaving the living room.

If I’m not wrong, I remember I have four housemates. But…who is the last one? I wondered deep in my thought.

Someone kicked the door harshly. I turned around to see a boy looked like a mess hanging onto the door. “Hang on!” I said running to his said. I could smell heavy liquor from him. He was drunk. I could see one lovely mark on his neck. Everyone could tell what he had done the whole night. I couldn’t care much about him. Just like what I explained before, everyone was a stranger in my mind.

“Umm…uh…umm…”

“Daniel Cain. Everyone in the house calls me Dan or Daniel.” He introduced himself through his slurred words without turning to face me.

“I see. I’m…Emma.”

He looked at me this time. He made one mocking face. “Really? You’re the only one who has a memory problem here, babe. I’ve already known your name, love.” He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. I got one of his arms on my shoulder helping him walk to his room. On our way, he kept smelling my hair and twirling the edge of my hair. “Excuse me.” I said trying to stop him with my words. “You smell good.” He complimented me. “Thanks.” I said dragging him forward to his door.

Something different happened there. His chuckled and bullshit words had changed with straight face as he saw the door of his room. He looked at me in the eye this time. “You may leave me here.” He told me. I frowned. “It’s okay. I’ll send you to your bed. You’re completely drunk and couldn’t walk straight anyway.” I objected. He frowned. “I know I don’t need your help from this point on.” He said a bit harshly. I shook my head. “We better don’t bet on it. You’re obviously too helpless to help yourself.” I objected again.

I was about to turn the knob when Dan stopped me. “LEAVE!!” He shouted harshly while looking at me in the eye. It surprised me so well to froze me on my feet. He slapped my hand and glared at me. “LEAVE!!!” He shouted again for the second time.

I deeply frowned this time. “You’re welcome, dude!” I shouted sarcastically while leaving him behind.