Chapter Three: All's Fair in Love and War

*Calypso's POV*

I pulled into the parking lot of the popular diner, Doddy's.

"Calypso stop worrying, you're shaking like a dog," Caleigh giggles as she pats my shoulder.

"Nervous? No, I'm only about to walk in to see one of the most popular guys in school that I've had a crush on since the seventh grade."

"Well think of it this way, he invited you. here," Bailey reassured. I glanced at her and took in a deep breath before entering.

"Calypso!" Nick waved over from a small table in the back. I smiled at him in return and turned to my friends and Corey.

"Could you guys stay here for a little bit? Like sit far away if you want... I just don't-" I whisper to them.

"We got you covered," Corey smiled as they all sat at a table near the entrance. I looked at them with gratitude before making my way over to Nick, who lit up like a Christmas tree once he saw me.

"Calyspo! Wait!" Caleigh and Bailey stopped me as they tried to catch up.

"What?"

"We just need to talk to him for a sec if that's okay," Bailey smiled.

"I guess?"

"Good because we were gonna do it anyway," Caleigh winked and walked over to our table.

"Hi there," Nick greeted my friends in a wary tone.

"Howdy partner. We just need to say something really quick," Caleigh replied.

"Shoot,"

"It is now no secret that Calypso likes you," Caleigh started.

"A lot," Bailey added.

"Shut up!" I buried my face in my hands.

"Hush, my child. I think Bailey and I can handle ourselves in public,"

"No you can't. You know you can't," I retorted.

"ANYWHOOSLE, it's no secret she likes you and it's also no secret that you are popular whereas we are lowly social peasants," Caleigh continued.

"Go on," Nick twirled a spoon on the table.

"So basically if you are doing this for the wrong reasons Bailey and I will chop off your balls with a rusty butter knife and we will show no mercy. Enjoy your date you two!" Caleigh finished with a smile and a wave as her and Bailey got up from the table.

All I could do was put my head down on the table in pure embarrassment. Nick, however, was doubled over laughing.

"Why are you not running to your car right now?" I wailed, my head still on the table.

"What are you talking about?" Nick got out through his laughs.

"That was the epitome of embarrassment," I mumbled my face probably red as a baboons butt.

"Hey, look at me," Nick snapped out of his laughter. I finally lifted my head up from the table.

"What?" I put my hands to my cheeks to cool them .

"There is no reason for you to be ashamed or even nervous. I wouldn't have asked you to come here with me if I didnt share your feelings," his statement caused my stomach to drop along with my mouth.

"What is so shocking about that?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, what?"