Chapter 8: Getting Ready

Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated in so long. I've been really busy. I transferred schools and there's way more work & I have soccer.

Today was the day. Today was the day Christen, Tobin, Cheney, and I leave for the cruise. Christen decided that she was going to bring her boyfriend, Brett, along. YAY JUST YAY *sarcastically* . We leave at 7pm so I had a couple of hours to get packed. I called over Moe to help me. When Moe started out, we weren't really friends but over the weeks..I feel like i've been getting close to her. Not as close as Tobs and I are though. 

Moe: "God Alex, stop being so difficult. It's just a cruise."

Alex: "Sorry, I don't know if I should overpack! I haven't been on a cruise in forever!!"

Moe: "Ok chill, that's what I'm here for. Now let's get packing before the ship leaves without you."

After Moe and I finished packing, we had a few hours to kill. We went to the nearest Starbucks because it's our fav place. Moe invited JJ. I tried to text Tobin but she said that she still hasn't finished packing. So instead, I texted Cheney and luckily she was done packing. We waited for JJ and Lauren to arrive before we ordered. I wasn't in the Frappuccino mood so I ordered a Venti Passion Tea Lemonade (sweetened). Julie ordered a Venti Iced Caramel Latte, Moe ordered a Grande Caramel Frap, and Lauren ordered a  Caramel Macchiato. We each got two cake pops, too. By the time we finished our drinks and cake pops, it was 4:30. We had to be at Christen's house by 6. 

I went home to freshen up. I took a quick shower, put white shorts and a black shark tank on, put mascara and lipgloss on, put beige sandals, and some jewelry on. It was 5:15 when I finished and Christen's house was only 10 minutes away so I put on my favorite TV show, Grey's Anatomy. When the episode finished, I took my two Vera Bradley duffel bags, my American Eagle carry-on backpack and loaded them into the trunk of my car. I went back into my apartment to grab my phone, keys, and wallet. When I was walking towards my car, I got a text from Tobin.

Tobs: "Hey Alex, can you give me a ride to Christen's?"

Alex: "Yeah sure, I'll be there in 5."

I got into my car and started singing along to "New Romantics" by Taylor Swift. I was a horrible singer but I don't really care. I texted Tobin to tell her I was outside of her apartment. She responded ok and when I looked up from my phone, she was carrying her bags out of the door. I quickly ran up to her to help her. I opened my trunk and put her bags next to mine. When we were all settled, we left for Christen's house. I raised the volume on the radio and Tobin started singing along to it. Damn, she was a good singer. Her voice was so gentle. *OK SNAP OUT OF IT ALEX, YOU'RE STRAIGHT* After a few more songs, we pulled up in front of Christen's house. They were in the driveway loading their bags into Brett's big truck. We got out of my car and transferred our bags into the truck. Cheney was already there just in the kitchen #classiccheney. Christen told us that it was time to leave. So we all piled into the truck. Brett drove, Christen in the passenger seat, Lauren, then me, then Tobin in the back. It only took us 15 minuted to get where we needed to be. We all took our bags and got checked in and everything (IM SORRY GUYS I DONT KNOW HOW CRUISES GO BC I'VE NEVER BEEN ON ONE). We each had our own rooms. Yay. I actually couldn't believe it. I was on a cruise! 

ok guys, thanks so much for reading chapter 8! i'll try to get chapter 9 up before wednesday! thank you all for reading/voting/commenting! comment suggestions for what I should put on CHAPTER 9! and follow  Christen's boyfriend, Brett, on Instagram "brettsubers" (my friend). follow Ali's boyfriend, Max, on Instagram "maxshvbert" (my other friend). oh and follow me "kat1esy" thanks!