Prologue

December 23rd, 1253

On this day, seventeen year old Axel was in his room alone, while all the other children under foster care where mixing with their foster siblings, laughing and singing in the pure and joyful Christmas spirit.

However, Axel was alone in his room laying on his bed, without the company of even a pet. He had no friends, or at least that's what he believed. All the other children at the foster care didn't really get along well with him; the only friend he ever had - Giselle was adopted a year ago, by a very loving family. It surprised him that she had been adopted, as normally, when family's looked for orphans to adopt, they normally looked for the really young ones, but they had adopted her at the age of fifteen.

It pained him to watch his one and only friend be taken away from him, it was like losing half of your heart; losing the one person who actually cared for you. No one had ever cared for him as much as she had, not even his own mother, who he never knew, but believed she hadn't loved him enough, to have abandoned him in a strangers home for children who would then be fostered. The only thing he had with him, as a clue of ever finding his mother, was a golden chain with an "x" in red encrusted on its pendent.

As the hours ticked by, the buzz reduced, and soon the home was quiet. Yet Axel was unable to sleep, twisting and turning in bed, thinking that it was due to the fact that he hadn't gone down for dinner, when it was served, and was hungry, he decided to go down to get something to eat. Hopefully there was something left to eat in the pot.

He got down stairs and was greeted with an eerie silence that could chill the bones, as he got closer to the kitchen, he felt shivers run down his spine, but they weren't shivers of cold, but the kind one gets when they felt unsettled and uncomfortable, the kind you get when you can tell that something wasn't right and something wrong was bound to happen.

He made his way into the kitchen then felt a strong breeze blow past him. His heart rate rose, but he tried to remain calm.

It's just my imagination. He repeated in his mind.

He moved to the sink to get a glass of water, but was knocked off his feet, onto the floor, then he felt an unbearable amount of pressure on his shoulder, between his shoulder blades. The pain didn't stop, and his heart beat raced, and as his heart beat faster, as though it was about to fly out of his chest, every breath he took to remain alive hurt more, as more effort was taken to inhale and exhale air through his mouth and nose.

Then his heart beats started to slow down, as his breaths gat shallower. Then his heart stopped beating, but he wasn't dead. He could still see and hear and had all his senses working, but everything seemed sharper and clearer, as though it were under an ultra-sensitive microphone and microscope.

He felt the pressure of a body  atop him, then the head lifted from his shoulder, and he came face to face with what he would have considered a ghost, but this ghost could not be seen through. It stared back at him with pitch black eyes, without the white part of the eye - sclera, it too was black. The face was a pale white, and an emotionless expression on its face.

I am Alron. Came a dark voice, and he figured it was the creature atop him, but its mouth didn't move.

I am your creator, and you will follow me. Came the voice again, and Axel stared at him without uttering a word. Then the creature who went by Alron, got off him and walked around the kitchen.

I've been watching you, since the day your mother dropped you off here. She was a beautiful thing, fragile too. She brought you hear to hide you from me. She didn't do a good job honestly. I mean...

He was cut off by a creek of the stairs. Suddenly Axel shot up, smelling the strong metallic scent of blood.

He's all yours. Came Alron's deep voice with his mind, and within the blink of an eye, he disappeared, leaving Axel to the person heading down the stairs.

As the person got down the stairs, Axel hid behind one of the sofas. He felt his stomach tightened and the strong metallic smell of fresh human blood filled his nostrils, he was craving to have that blood in his mouth. He was sure he wouldn't have been so hungry if he had eaten before he was attacked, but he hadn't, and now he felt as though he was going to die if he didn't eat something.

He recognized the person that had come down the stairs, about heading for the kitchen, as Stephen, one of the orphans here that made him feel hated and unwanted, and made him feel hopeless, more so than ever, when Giselle left to be with a different family.

Anger boiled within him, fuelled by all the hatred he held towards the boy.

In swift and fluid movements, Axel was behind the boy, and in seconds, the parts of his body were scattered and ripped to shreds as he feasted on his first blood.

Congratulations Axel. You are now one of us.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

A/N:Hello guys!!! Well I know I haven't been able to write I  a while, but I'm in a boarding school and wattpad is sadly among the things we aren't privileged to, so... yh no wattpad.

Anyway, as I was in school, during my free time, I was brain storming for ideas for a fantasy/fiction/adventure book, and this one came to mind. I was so happy when the idea came to me, and I couldn't not write this book.

This is my first fantasy/fiction book, and I hope you all like it.

Pls don't forget that I love you, and would really like to hear what you think of this book. And pls make me happy by clicking on that little star at the bottom left corner. Thank You!

Ciao!