Chapter One

December 24th, 2015.

It's been 762 years since the day which Axel Grai was turned into a vampire, and has been roaming the world, alone. It was also Christmas Eve, and Andréa was out on her own, doing last-minute Christmas shopping. Probably a stupid idea to be out at night in the quiet lonely streets of London, on the night before Christmas, not to mention how ridiculously cold it was.

"That'll be £99.95" said the cashier, bringing her out of her train of thoughts. She fished her wallet out of her purse, and passed two fresh '£50' bills to the cashier, and gathered her bags and made her way towards the nearest bus stop.

>.<_>.<_>.<

It's late in the night, and Axel is as active as any other Vampire would be at this time. Hungry and unsettled, he went on his blood drive. He was using his vampire speed to maneuver the city, looking for prey. The street lights were on, giving the streets an aluminous glow, and casting light shadows on the side walk.

He felt a sudden pain in his stomach, which meant that he was hungry, and he needed blood. He made a left turn down a dimly lit street. His nostrils flared as the strong metallic scent of blood hit it, and the pain in his stomach doubled.

He proceeded to walk towards the scent of blood, his footsteps not making a sound as he advanced on his unlucky victim. From afar he spotted a dark figure standing below a lamppost and speed up towards the prey, knocking the victim off their feet. The victim let out a screech from shock, and he raised his face to see the face of his victim, before he put an end to its life.

It was a girl, with dark hair and blue eyes. Those eyes. He was about to sink his fangs into her skin, but something on his chest burnt him. And as he tried again to advance on the girl, the pain intensified, and he removed his face from her neck and looked down at her, his body pressed against hers, her heart beating at a mile a minute, against his chest, where his heart rested not beating.

He found himself staring at her eyes, it was as though they were piercing into his and he became trapped. The intense hunger he was felling during his blood drive was gone, and he couldn't move to get off her, and neither did she as she remained under him, no longer screaming, but quiet, as though she were in a trance, she stared up at him into his dark eyes, almost black, full of mystery and never spoken secrets which stared back at her as though they could see through her soul.

In seconds he was off her, and staring daggers at her, as though he wished to kill her. But he knew he couldn't, there was something about her that held him back from doing so, when he tried to, he felt an unbearable stinging pain on his chest, as if one was pressing a hot metal blade on it. He would love to kill her, but he couldn't, and now that he couldn't, he needed to make her forget this incident.

She was still on the ground staring up at him with a mixture of both fear and awe, so he grabbed her by the shoulders and raised her off her feet that her eyes would be on the same level as his.

"Alieno." he said, his voice a soft whisper.

A stunned expression appeared on her face, and she slumped into his arms. He helped her to gain balance, studying her and her actions.

'What is your name?' he asked her, his voice deep and raspy, like that of someone waking up from years of sleep. But it was in a way true. He had at least never spoken to a living human before. He saw no point of getting to know people, if it was that he would have to drain them of their blood afterwards. Why waste time and words. But there was something different about her, something...special.

She looked at him as though he had three heads, then snapped out of her staring, then gain a better composure, while straightening her back.

"And why would I tell you my name? I do not know who you are...or what you might do with it." She said squaring her shoulders.

He simply stared at her.

"I was only curious" he stated, waiting for her reply.
"In that case, goodbye" she said, and walked away carrying her shopping bags along with her.

He was stunned to say the least, but something about her interested him, and he'd be interested in meeting her again. But he couldn't have any kind of relationship with her. It was against the laws of the Vampire Council, it was clearly forbidden.