Chapter 3: What happened?

I woke up unable to move, my mouth was dry, and my head was pounding. I slowly began to hear the sounds around me. I heard footsteps that sounded far away, probably behind a closed door. I heard the crickets and frogs chirping away in the night. What time is it? How long have I been sleeping? Wait I don't remember falling asleep.

Memories of the night before flooded into my mind. Or the last time I was awake. I was kidnapped. I was taken by... Xavier.

I layed there for God knows how long. waiting for a chance to move. After what seemed like forever lying there I heard the door open. Unable to move I laid there waiting for the intruder to make his or her next move.

I heard footsteps and suddenly I felt 2 muscular arms slide under my body. One under my neck and the other under the back of my knees. My lifeless and motionless body was being carried to god knows where by this mystery man.

I was slowly and gently placed onto what seemed to be a bed. Still scared for my life all I could do was lay there. I felt tears seep through my eyes. Almost immediately I heard a familiar whisper.

"Sh... don't cry. They'll hear you." the voice cooed. Time passed. The voice faded and my crying diminished. Nobody touched me and I actually felt safe.

By now I could move my fingers and toes. Slowly the numb feeling faded and I was able to open my eyes. More time passed and I looked around me.

I tried to roll out of bed, but my body was not agreeing. My head pounded and I felt as if someone had punched me in the gut. So I decided to lay back down.

'what did I do to deserve this? ' I thought