Chapter 1

There had been a blast. A gun shot. And then silence.

As the stabbing pain over took Jack Kennedy he was plagued by two thoughts. I'm getting married in the spring. And Oh Fuck.

Most people expect that if they are shot and survive they will wake up in a hospital, correct? Surrounded by loved ones and flowers, sounds of machines beeping. But none of that happened for Jack Kennedy.

His head was throbbing, yes. But that was it. There were no signs of stiches, cuts, or anything that suggested he'd been shot in the head as his hands felt his hair and moved down his face. He hesitantly opened his eyes. He focused on the pale green paint of the ceiling and let out a sigh of relief. It had all been a dream.

He rolled over onto his side but quickly became horrified again. Laying beside him sound asleep was Jackie Bouvier. The woman he had dumped ten years ago. And she was wearing his old college t-shirt. And nothing else.

He quickly tried to squirm away from the arm she had wrapped around his waist. She mumbled. "Stop. It's early."

"I, uh...I have to go." He murmured as he watched her. He hadn't expected Jackie to be one of the women who would agree to sleep with him even if he was engaged to one of the World's Biggest Sex symbols.

"John's not even crying." She mumbled again.

Jack looked up and jolted. He wasn't in his bedroom. The room he was in was littered with children's clothes and toys. He looked back at Jackie, even more horrified, oh god I slept with a married woman.

Before he could speak a little girl around the age of 3 slipped into the room "Daddy!"

His eyes widened and he looked over at Jackie who was smiling. When she caught sight of his face she frowned then looked at the little girl. "Daddy's going to go make us some coffee. Why don't we cuddle until he's done?"

The little girl nodded and quickly climbed in next to her Mother.

What the hell is happening to me?

Jack quickly got out of bed, grabbing a pair of pants and fled on his heels as he left the room.