Gentle

~First-Person Narration: Blade~        

Emery and I had said our goodbyes after picking up her stuff; Red assured me that Emery would be fine and that she’d be doing plenty of training. Reluctantly, I left the techno-organic base and went back to my own base. The day was ending now, and I decided to go went silently to my room, to my cot, and lay down, feeling the suffocating silence around me.

            I’m not sure how long I was sleeping, but I do remember what I dreamt. I saw that lake, or rather, pond again; where Optimus and I had kissed for the first time, during my temporary escape from Nemesis, from Megatron.

            But Optimus wasn’t here.

            And Megatron was.

            He circled me like a shark, as he took in my appearance.

Megatron: “Well, well, Maiden, it would seem you are not as deceased as you have led me to believe.”

Blade: It’s not real, girl. It’s not real. Don’t buy into this. “I led you to believe nothing, Sweetheart.”

            I added the nickname, just in case it was real, just to mess with Megatron’s hard drive.

            He continued to circle me.

Megatron: “I beg to differ.”

            I scoffed at him.

Blade: “On what grounds? I’ve done nothing other than do what needed to be done, Darling, you did the rest.”

            I kept my posture straight; I kept my words clean and concise. I would not let a dream Megatron get the best of me. His sharp dentas smirked at me, but I refused to let it faze me.

Megatron: “Oh, Maiden, you don’t get it, do you?”

Blade: “I get it all right.”

            I said confidently, and I shrugged off his comment like it was nothing, like he was nothing. I had to. I had to keep up this imagery if it was the last thing I did. If the real Megatron had somehow found me, I would make him doubt himself before he could truly pinpoint me. And that slight edge was all I needed.

Blade: “You’re delusional.”

Megatron: “Stop playing games, Maiden! I know it’s you!

            He snapped and nearly struck me, but I didn’t so much as flinch. I stood my ground and kept looking straight ahead. This was my dream, not his. I knew the ins and outs of this world better than he did, and the only one who could best me at was Angel. And if she knew he was here . . . he’d be experiencing the nightmare of a lifetime. She despised Megatron almost as much as Knockout. And she hated Knockout because he was the one to trap her.