Chapter 1

Chapter 1

People always say everything happens for a reason. Some reasons better than others. When it doesn't make sense right then and there just hold on.

What happened to me, I don't think there was a reason behind it. For some reason God wanted me to be punished. He wanted me to be looked at like I was an alien. He wanted my family to hate me.

I sat at the airport waiting on my ride to get here. It was the first time I was in a new state. Not to mention it was the opposite side of the country for me.

Thinking back to my old town in South Carolina, I cringed. That state held nothing but bad memories before it. Not only does my family live there, but my memories do to.

With my flowing brown hair that reaches my lower back, 5'6 height and toned body, I look as if my life would be perfect. But it's not.

It was until the incident.

I looked up at the clock on the wall and pushed a stray hair behind my ear. They were supposed to be here 20 minutes ago.

I looked down to make sure my four suitcases were still there. Before leaving I had made sure that I grabbed every piece if clothing and essential thing in my room. I would of took my bed if I could.

"Hello, are you Miss Audrey Wilson?" I sweet voice asked above me.

I drifted my gaze from my suitcases to look at the lady before me. She had blonde hair that was cut into a bob and standing about 5'10. She was a very beautiful lady and by the sound of it, she was also sweet.

Giving her a quite nod, she grabbed my forearms and pulled me into a tight hug.

"It is very nice to meet you! I'm Laura Crouse, but just call me Laura. I've been waiting forever to meet you!" Once she pulled back she look into my eyes and gave me a big smile.

I bent down and grabbed two of my suitcases while she grabbed the other too.

She looked over at me and raised her eyebrow in a confusing way. "Well, do you talk?" She asked with a hint of amusement and humor in her voice.

I looked over and tried my best to pull up a smile. "Sorry ma'am. Nice to meet you"

"Again, call me Laura! You should get used to it considering you will be staying a long time with us." Wait, what does she mean "us"?

"Us?" I asked knowing I sounded unsure.

"My husband, Greg and my son, Tyler of course." I just looked away and followed her out to the car.

I don't do well with people. Especially "new" people.

I threw my bags into the back of Laura's black Tahoe. And climbed into the passenger seat.

Soon Laura was in the car as well. She didn't try to make conversion as seeing I wasn't much of a talker.

We pulled up to a big brick house. The outside looked just magnificent. There in the middle of the driveway was a fountain, surrounded by bushes. And the steps leading up to the front porch was marbled.

I watched as Laura took two of my bags and waited for me to take the others before closing the door. She walked up the steps and sat down one of my suitcases while holding open the door with her foot motioning for me to walk in.

I gave her a grateful smile before passing through the door frame and setting down my bags to help her with the door. After making sure that both of us were inside the giant house, I turned to get a better look at the hallway.

In front of me was a staircase leading up to the second floor and a small table right beside the railing. I looked up and saw a huge glass chandelier hanging for the ceiling.

Laura threw her keys on the table before turning to look at me. "Just leave your bags there and Jeffery our butler will take it up to your new room. Ill give you a tour of the house and then let you settle in."

I simply nodded and followed her through the hallway coming into contact with French doors. She opened them up and I was greeted with what looked like a living room.

In the middle of the room was a black leather couch with two leather recliners on each side and a coffee table in front of it. There was a flat screen television positioned in front of the coffee table. On the other side was a fireplace with two rocking chairs to the side.

Laura continued walking until she went through another set of French doors that was already open. We came into the kitchen.

There was a granite island in the middle of the hard wood floor. Completed with all the stainless steel appliances that a kitchen would need. To the side was glass sliding doors that I assumed leaded out to the backyard.

"We have a pool out back if you ever feel the need to relax and take a swim. Just go through those doors." Laura said while pointed where my gaze was.

I continued to follow her as we passed the dining room and then looped back into the hallway where the stairs were.

"Your room is upstairs the second door on the right. Go on and unpack and get settled in. Dinner will be a six." Laura leaned in to kiss my cheek before I took a couple steeps back.

"Oh, um, thank you." I said in a hurry before running up the stairs.

I looked over my shoulder to see Laura giving me a confused look. I just don't like any affection. Especially if it involved touching.

I counted the doors until I reached the second one. I opened it up and walked in closing the door behind me.

The first thing I seen was my luggage neatly placed up against the wall beside the door.

I turned and looked at the king sized bed in front of me. Beside the bed was a small table with a clock on it. To the other side beside a door was a desk with what I assumed was my school supplies for next week. I walked over and opened the door beside the desk to come into a walk-in closet. After closing the door I turned around and seen another door in the other side. Opening that door I walked into my own bathroom.

Not bad. Way better than my room in South Carolina which consisted of a twin size bed and a smaller closet. I also had to share the bathroom down the hall with my brother.

I walked over and grabbed my suitcases before unpacking and making sure everything was in place.

I looked at the clock that was blinking 5:06. So I had about an hour before dinner. I guess since it is my first night at my new home I wanted to make a good impression.

I took a quick shower before going into my closet and getting out white shorts with a light blue tank top. After putting my clothes on I styled my hair into a French braid and applied a little bit of mascara.

Before walking out of my room I looked over to see my family picture that I sat on my nightstand.

To the left was my dad and to the right was my mom. Blake, my brother was standing beside me with dads hand on his shoulder and my had her arms wrapped around my neck.

We look perfect, but it's all an act. I sat the picture face down so I don't have to look at it anymore.

Their not my family anymore.

*****

I would put up a picture of what Audrey looks like. But my wifi is down and I've been typing this on my phone.

I hope y'all enjoyed the first chapter

I NOW HAVE A PICTURE OF AUDREY UP