Chapter 3

"Whom were you speaking to?" I muttered without thinking. He looked irritated at my question. "That's none of your business".

"You talked as if someone was going to die. What do you have to do with this?" I asked although deep in my heart I knew the answer.

"That's enough, you have to come with me" without another word he grabbed me by one of my upper arms and started pulling me towards the flight of stairs that climbed to the upper floor. I was about to scream when I saw the look in his eyes. There was death there blazing golden brown with fury. "Please, please don't hurt me. I won't tell anybody. Please let me go" it was only pleading that I could manage in front him. He dragged me up the stairs without hearing my pleas. As we reached the top I gasped for breath tired of my struggle against his steel grip. He let out a sigh as if bored from the situation and threw me against the wall. I hit my head and back to the wall but before I would fall he caught me and pinned me to the wall.

I looked with horror as he raised one hand, anticipating a blow on my face. Instead he slowed down pushing a lock of hair from my face and breathed over my face. "I don't know why, but I don't feel like hurting you, Maya" his voice was very heavy and harsh.

"You intrigue me like a mystery that I am yet to solve, something that I would want to conquer".

I listened holding my breath, his words sharp like a double edged knife cutting through me.

"This is weird, something which I have not felt for ages that I was almost about to forget. So here's the deal; I let you live, but you stay with me, obey me, be mine for the rest of your life."

I looked with disbelief at him and was about to protest but instantly he moved closer, our bodies almost touching. Only now I noticed that something was peeking from his chest under the wide neck of his t-shirt; a tattoo of some kind, a vicious looking head with a forked tongue. A snake!

As he lowered his head to mine, I gathered all of my strength and pushed him.

"Never, over my dead body" I spat.

He staggered back a little from my assault but quickly balanced himself before grabbing me roughly. He pulled me in front of a room and unlocked the knob and threw me inside. He glanced at me sadly before locking the door back. I started banging at the door to open it but with no result. Tears ran down madly from my eyes and were all over my face, but I didn't stop.

"There is no point, nobody can hear you" a fragile voice spoke from my behind.