FOUR

I woke up to my phone ringing. I answered the phone. It was James. "Hey." I replied rubbing my eyes. He took a deep breath before speaking.

   "I know about your disease." He said bluntly, trying to hide the fact that he was scared shitless. "I have a disease?" I asked playing dumb. How did he know? I started to panic. Beads of sweat fell down my forehead and swallowing became difficult.

   "Luke stop playing dumb!" He shouted. I sighed before I decided to admit it. "Okay, I do have a disease, but how did you know?" I whisper yelled, hoping now to wake up Jai.

   "I was outside the door listening to your conversation. It's not the best idea to put a private conversation on speaker." James chuckled. He explained how he heard. This is bad. Very bad. After telling him not to tell anyone, I hung up. I got ready for my day with mum. I'll miss her. She's the best mum ever.

   "Mum! You ready?" I shouted. Moments later she walked out and sat in the car. She drove to Wendy's. After about waiting for 5 minutes we got our food. I only had coke.

   "Luke, Babe, why aren't you eating." She asked. Shit. What do I say? "Already ate." I simply started. That's a lie. I haven't really ate after I heard the news. "That's a lie." She chuckled. "No it's not." I said. "Yes." She stated calmly. I clenched my fist, getting angry. "No it's not!" I snapped at her. She let the topic slide and resumed eating.

   "I'm sorry mum." I said sighing. "It's fine. You have a short temper." She said while chuckling. At least she's not mad. After she finished eating she dragged me into a nail salon.

   "Let's paint our nails pink!" I said in a girly high pitched voice. She laughed and they let us right in since they know me. Mom made them paint my nails pink.cAfter that she decided to go home, claiming, "she was too old too be moving around a lot."

   "Can we have a movie night?" I asked she nodded and went to pick a movie. I popped some popcorn and walked into the living room. We spent the rest of the day watching movies and joking around. I'll miss these days.

EDITED JUNE 26th 2017