ONE

Something's wrong with me. It started as a cough, then I coughed up blood. It's horrible. I'm going to the doctors. By myself. I don't want people to think I'm not okay. When I'm not okay. Does that make sense?

   I was waiting until I heard a female voice call out, "Luke Brooks?" I stood up and walked over to her. She was probably in her 40's, but that's irrelevant.

   "So what's wrong Luke?" She asked politely. I explained my situation to her. After I explained her face turned pale white. What's wrong?

   "Let's take some tests." She said with a fake smile. I know the difference between fake and real smiles. I had given fake ones out before. After the tests I went home. She told me I should get a phone call tomorrow or later.

   I unlocked the door. I walked in and saw Jai cuddled up with Ariana. I sighed knowing he is finally happy. I'll be destroying his — and everyone else's happiness by "leaving". Beau, he was happy too. He had Emma. Unlike them, I had no one. Kiana broke my heart. I was alone. Everyone had someone and I had, well, no one.

   I went to sleep, well, tried to. I stayed up all night waiting for a phone call — that might not even happen until tomorrow! I heard the music of my ringtone coming from my phone.I jumped up and grabbed my phone. I slid my thumb over the green button. Jai kicked my bunk and said something.

   "Can I speak to Luke Brooks?" A familiar female voice said. It must have been the lady that took the tests. "Sp-speaking," I squeaked out. I'm so nervous. What if it's bad? "I have some... Bad news..." She said. Why did she pause before bad? Fuck this is bad.

   "You have a disease that's slowly killing you. You checked on it too late and now only have a week to live. In very sorry.. She said, her voice trailing off near the end. I quickly hung up and quietly cried.

   "Luke? What's up?" Jai said from below me. I had to lie. If I tell him he'd be upset."Kiana called and said she found someone better." I lied. Hopefully it sounded true."I'm sorry mate." He said. I hate this. Keeping secrets. I'm horrible.

EDITED JUNE 26th 2017