the world, these days

I woke up and looked at the time. It was 12:45 p.m. I got up, out of bed and looked in the hallway. Clear.

I walked down the stairs and noticed Austin, sitting on the couch. I saw a girl about his age, sitting on the couch next to him. I walked into the kitchen and watched them. Yes, I'm sneaky and noisy. Then, it broke my heart. They kissed. I thought he liked me. He called me beautiful and was being so sweet to me. I then noticed that he was just being friendly. I started to cry, hard. I guess he heard me, because he asked the girl to leave and he came over to me.

"Are you ok?" He said.

"I'm fine, I'm sorry to interupt." I said between sobs.

"Its fine, why are you crying?" He asked.

"Its nothing, I'm fine." I said. He clearly knew I was lying, but I ran up the stairs before he had a chance to say something else. I remember that my moms first day of work was today and Austin's mom went with her. Great, I was going to be home alone with him, all day.

1 hour later:

I went down stairs and walked in the living room. Austin was sitting on the couch and I went out the back door so I could go on the beach. I sat on the sand and just watched the waves. I was the only one out on the beach. I sat there replaying Austin and that girl kissing. I was replaying that over and over in my head. I know that I just moved here but I already have feelings for him.

Austin's point of view:

I was sitting on the couch, just thinking. I wonder why she was crying. She probably saw Emma kiss me. Emma was my Ex girlfriend, she came over because she needed to talk to me. Then she saw Lauren in the kitchen and Lauren was watching us. Emma kissed me so that Lauren would be jealous. I asked Emma to leave. I heard crying and I knew it was coming from Lauren.

I saw her sitting out on the beach. I was a few inches away from her, when she got a phone call. I ran behind a trash can but not far. I could still hear her conversation.

"Hey Mackenzie." She said. She had it on speaker so I heard her friend.

"Hey Lauren, so do you want to talk about that boy yet?" Her friend said.

"Not really. I told you everything about him and I saw something horrible this morning." Lauren said, I could tell she was crying.

"Omg, what's wrong?" Her friend asked.

"I saw him and another girl kissing. I think he just wants to be friends. I was so hoping that he liked me, but obviously he has a girlfriend. I'm not gonna push it. I have to live with him for a couple of months and I don't want to make things awkward so I'm just gonna keep it at friends, if that's what he wants." Lauren said.

I don't want to be just friends. I just met her and I already feel like I love her. I watched as she hung up the phone. I walked over to her and I noticed she was still crying.

"You need to tell me what's wrong, you cried twice in one day." I said. Lauren looked at me and smiled.

"I'm glad that you care but shouldn't you be with your girlfriend and not with me." She said.

"First of all, that was my ex and she kissed me this morning and second of all I might be looking at my girlfriend." I said. Lauren looked at me and smiled.

"Did you hear the conversation I had on the phone just now?" Lauren asked me.

"Yes I did and I feel the same way about you. I want to be so much more than friends." I said. Then we kissed but it wasn't just any kiss, it was like fireworks.