Mall Girl

Gwen pov:

Ugh school is as usual, boring! I don't see why we have to come to this prison. Half the stuff we learn we won't use later on. Plus, I know it all anyway. I'm skipping the rest of the day. Katie can come with me unless she wants to be a goodie two shoes which really isn't her.I pull out my phone and start to text her not caring if I get caught.

Hey, do you wanna skip at the mall with me?

She instantly replies.

Yes! Please! Meet at my car at the bell?

Be there! Xoxox

I drop my phone back in my bag and pretend to be slightly interested in the lesson. Riing!!! Yay! That's the bell! I quickly get out of my seat and ditch the classroom! I was walking to my locker when Brian, Katie's boyfriend, steps in beside me.

"Hey."

"Hi, what's up?"

"Well you know Katie's birthday is coming up but I don't know what to get her and figured you'd know what she wants."

I look up into his green eyes deep in thought. Bingo! I've got the perfect idea!

"Take her out for a fancy dinner and then take her somewhere extravagant, somewhere she won't expect, somewhere she's never been before. She doesn't like surprises but if she's having fun, she'll forgive, love, and remember you and that night."

"Wow! Thanks! That really helped! I know exactly what I'm going to do!"

"Always able to help a friend!" I yell as he jogs down the hallway.

I go to my locker, grab my stuff, run (well, attempt to run since I'm in heels) to Katie's car. I get in while saying,

"Let's go!"

She takes off like a maniac and we're soon on the interstate leading us to the better mall in town. I just now realized we really don't talk while in the car since she likes to concentrate on driving while I just think. Oh my god! We're here! I love going to the mall because I like clothes!

Katie turns to me after she parks and says very seriously,

"Try not to take up the whole trunk this time."

I pout.

"How many times do I have to say sorry for that!"

"I was kidding, geez! But still, leave room!" She smiles.

"Come on!"

By now I'm practically jumping out of my seat since I can't hold my excitement!

"I still don't get how you're so excited when we're her like 5 days a week" she grumbles.

"I'd rather be happy then a grumpy mcgrumperson."

"Oh my god Gwen."

By now we we're just getting to the door leading in.

"Okay, what store first?"

I think about it for a second then walk over to the map.

"Hmm, maybe Forever 21? Wait no! We should go to Tilly's!"

I take off and leave her behind not caring if I get ditched. I'm in heaven! Oh! That shirt's cute! It's a light blue crop top with pink flowers! I need it! Katie was across the room looking at the sunglasses.

"That shirt would look perfect on you."

I jump, startled at the voice. I look and see a really pretty girl around my age. She looks like a biker chick with her black biker boots,leather jacket, tank top with a skull, and black skinny jeans. She also has a choker necklace.

"Why should I listen to you? All you're wearing is black!"

"I used to dress like that and besides, why would I say that if I didn't mean it?"

"I don't know. Maybe because you want to." I say in a 'duh' tone.

"Well, you can either trust me and buy it or try it on and buy it still since it would anyway."

A/N

Hey guys! I decided to write a longer chapter today since I feel like the last ones weren't that long. We'll get more into Gwen and Travis in the next couple chapters. Oh! And I changed the title to The Servant because some stuff didn't match up with it!

Thanks for reading!

~Rivers