Chapter 28

Uploaded on 20-12-2015

"What are you doing here?" I asked Tiffany. "I thought you were heading striaght to the venue."

She glanced behind her when the car horn beeped. "We got a call from the Sinclair brothers asking if we saw you. They told us to pick you up on the way of you were still here."

Hanna elbowed Tiffany out the way looking around outside. She took out her phone putting it to her ear. "Oh... come on. Answer..."

Tiffany looked at me confused. "What's her problem?"

"She waiting for a boy." I pointed to the Tiffany green clutch in her hand. "Your bag is vibrating."

Her cheeks pinged red. "Oh.." She took her Cell out checking it then switching it off. "Just a call from the bosses. I bet they are worrying about you."

I nodded picking up my little red tote bag from the hallway table. The twins were always a stickler for time especially Marcus. Always so serious.

I hugged my sister as I left, her eyes were wet with years. "I don't know why he didn't come."

To be honest I was happy that her boyfriend was not here. Last thing I wanted was her running away.

"Why don't you try and call him later." I suggested.

She shook her head showing me her phone. "I just tried to call him now it was ringing. Now it's just going through to voicemail."

Tiffany tapped me on the elbow. "We need to get going."

I gave Hanna an apologetic smile. "We shall talk more when I get home hmmm...."

I hugged her again before going into the car after Tiffany.

I was sat in the back squashed between Tiff and Louise whilst Chardonnay ride up front with the old man from the bed and breakfast.

"Hi!" Louise gave me an one armed hug in the close confines of the car.

"Hi." I did a double take of her. "Your looking good. Contacts?" I noticed her eyes more now that she didn't have her glasses on.

She nodded eagerly. "If Chard, can bag herself a man this weekend so can I."

Chardonnay swung her head round from the front to face us. "He is not my man."

"Then why are you wearing hazel eye contacts?" Louise asked slyly.

Chardonnay sniffed turning back in her seat. "It is because they compliment my skin."

I laughed. "Whatever. You like Cole. Just admit it."

The car came to a stop outside my old high School.

The laughter died on my face as I could make out the school letters on top of the building with their logo.

Charming High.

After ten years I am back here. Back to hell.

Louise grabbed my hand giving me a tight squeeze. Offering me the comfort that I needed. We all got out the car standing at the bottom of the steps.

A couple of people breezed past us walking up into the building quickly.

"You ready?" Chardonnay asked me noticing my fear. "Remember they can't hurt you no more. You are going to go in there and show them just how bad ass you are."

"Yeah," I repeated her word quietly pumping myself up with false confidence. "Bad ass."

The four of us linked hands walking up the step into my old high school.