Chapter 7

&7&

Sunday…

Alexandria’s POV

I rushed around the house, frantically getting ready for today’s trip to the zoo with Willow. My sister sat on her bed, amused at the amount of times that I had rushed from my room and back. I had woken up this morning at 7:30 and had been deciding on what to wear for a good hour; I had gotten changed into about fifteen different outfits before deciding on one that was perfect for today.

I wore a blue camisole with a silver glittery butterfly on the front, black skinnies and a pair of silver ballet flats. Sadly this was as girly as my clothes got, and Willow was very much a girly girl, so I decided to somewhat match her so I didn’t stand out too much next to her.

I stopped fiddling with my hair in the bathroom mirror when I realised that Willow was influencing me, she was starting to bring out a bit of my girly side. If this continued, it would be hard to hide the fact that I liked girls from everyone. Actually I was pretty sure that it was obvious to anyone that I was starting to like Willow.

I shook my head at that thought. I couldn’t like Willow, because if I did, well then I would lose my closest female friend, my only GOOD female friend.

I stared at myself in the bathroom mirror, a good long look. I looked worried, my forehead was creased and my eyebrows were bunched together, it looked as if I was fighting some kind of painful inner conflict. Maybe I was who knew.

I decided to just leave my hair out, but I added a hair clip on the right side of my hair to keep it out of my face in case there was any wind outside.

I smiled a radiant smile at my reflection and walked to my room with a bounce in my step. I walked through my doorway and stopped when I heard my sister’s voice behind me.

“You sure are happy today, are you meeting your boyfriend hmm?” She said with a curious tone of voice. I let out a sigh and whirled around to meet her sly expression upon her face. She was sure of her answer and I found humour in her cockiness.

“Wrong. I’m meeting a friend and then we are going to the zoo” I told her matter-of-factly and turned around quickly and closed the door behind me, before my sister could say a word and come in.

“Whatever you say sis, I know what you’re up to!” She yelled through the door and I could hear footsteps going in a direction away from my door, signalling that she had walked away.

I chuckled to myself as I went to my bed, where my phone, keys and wallet sat. I picked them up and exited my room. I sat out the front of my house, waiting for willow to walk into my view.

I sat on the front step, practically bouncing up and down in uncontainable excitement.

I looked at my phone in case she had sent a text, but there was nothing. To ease my nerves, I just went on scrolling through my apps until I heard footsteps.

My head whipped up to see Willow standing about three metres away from me, staring at my house with interest. My heart was pounding as I looked at what she was wearing.

Her silky red hair was out and swaying gently in the small breeze. She wore a white lacy tank top with a peachy pink cardigan over the top, a black frilly skirt that stopped a bit above her knees and had on shiny black sandals. Her left arm had a variety of silver bangles on it and when I looked into her eyes, I noticed that she was wearing some light eye shadow and lip-gloss.

I put my phone in my pocket and got up; I took a few steps towards her and stopped.

“Hey Willow, you ready to go?” I asked nervously, I could feel myself blushing slightly; I couldn’t bring myself to tell her that she looked nice.