A New Hero

-Guys, could you...leave us alone for a moment?

Barry looked at her, who nodded calmly. It was going to be fine, Matt was her friend. Her best friend.

The team took them to the treadmill room, so they could have a private talk.

Once the door was closed, Elizabeth turned round to face him, but Matt was giving his back at her on purpose. She had never seen him so angry.

-Matty, I...

-Don't. Don't even try to tell me you're sorry. All this time, you...and I just...

-I understand you're angry, and I am sorry, I really am. I know it's the laimest excuse ever, but I have to say it anyway: I was trying to protect you.

-Protect...me?-he turned round and faced her, an outraged expression on his features.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEANWHILE, FROM BARRY'S P.O.V.

-What's wrong with him?-Barry spoke, pacing around the lab, trying hard not to look at the treadmill room so they could argue privately. He was making a huge effort.

-People handle the thruth differently, Barry. Matt...is upset. But don't worry, Lizzie will make him come around.-Caitlin said with a sad smile, looking at the room on the sly.

-You think? Well, he's really pissed, I don't know how she's gonna do that. What if he goes crazy and attacks her?

-Dude, we are talking about the Black Hood.-Cisco pronounced her name with a special tone- She won't have trouble stopping him.

-He's Matt, her best friend. She won't be able to use her powers on him. I know her.

-Maybe...no, no, forget about it.

-What?-everyone wanted to hear Cisco's idea. They knew it was going to be a bad one, for sure.

-Well...the room has microphones.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Yes, that was what I was trying to do. Protect you from Snake, the guys that captured you before.-She got close to him, a painful expression on her face.-I'm so sorry, Matt, I never meant for any of this to happen. I was supposed to protect you all...

-And who was supposed to protect you?-he came back, now dull and serious. He went closer, too, staring at her eyes. She was so different, her face looked different.

-What do you mean, I...

-That day at your apartment, when I asked you about that man. You knew it, you knew it was them.

She sighed and nodded; the guy stood right in front of her.

-You knew they were coming after you...and you didn't hide? Run away?

Now she looked up to meet his eyes. Again, there were so many different emotions on his gaze. But now she saw it, he wasn't angry. He was just...worried.

-I didn't think they would find me so soon, I...I thought I had done a good job at hiding. But they are stronger, more prepared than I thought. I was so stupid.-she closed her eyes and ran her hand through her face, worried, overwhelmed.-When I found out they were here, I couldn't run away.

He stared at her for a moment, but then he couldn't stand it anymore and hugged her tightly.

-You should have.-he whispered, closing his eyes.