Indigenous to these woods

My body ached and as I moved shots of pain rippled through me. Blood trickled down my face and the world beyond me was spinning. Coming in and out of consciousness, a figure towered over me. He whispered something and then picked me up. My eyelids grew heavy and I slowly sunk into a deep sleep.

My body was tense as I awoke and I felt very drowsy. Propping myself up on my elbows I scanned the scenery that lay before me. A deep voice from above startled me and I quickly reached for my knife in my boot. "No need for that, I'm not the enemy. And I sure as hell don't need you stabbing me as a repayment for saving your life."

I looked up to see a man, he had long brown hair tied back and a scruffy beard. His eyes were a cold blue and tattoos were placed sporadically on his face. His apparel of choice was warrior like, browns and blacks to blend in with the nature and ragged to say the least. He spoke, "The name is Nyko and if you're going to keep staring, you're as good as nothing in these woods." I rolled my eyes and got up wincing at the pain in my side. "You hit your head and you have a few bruises and cuts...but nothing bad."

"Rowan." I answered bluntly. "Thank you." He nodded his head and began walking towards a hut. "Is that it then?" I said. He continued silently into the hut. I shook my head and followed behind him.

(author note: I apologize deeply for the lack of updates, school just got out and I really was booked up with that. Also it's been a month or two since I finished season 2 and I had an idea for the story and it kind of faded away but I actually want this story to be one of my first finished stories. Hope you enjoy!)