Chapter 2

Elayla's POV

In this very moment I'm in the car with my dad, emerging to the freeway. We just got done going to Lowe's. We picked up a new door cause my idiot of a brother and his friends were playing football inside the house, and god knows how a door got smashed? I don't get how my parents didn't get mad? They just let it slip, like butter on a plate.

We took a exit and took a few turns till finally we got to the destination that my dad wanted to go. I looked up to see we were at a McDonalds drive-thru.

"Welcome to McDonalds. May I take your order?" That little machine thingy asked. "Hello, how was your day? Well umm can I get 2 Big Macs, a Cesar salad with 3 large Dr.peppers please? Oh yeah also 3 large fries. You want anything?" My dad turned and asked me, I nodded.

"Okay and can I add 40 McNuggets fries and a large sweetened ice tea mix with pink lemonade". We drive up to the window to pay. Then drive up to the other window to get the food. "Thank you padre"

When we arrived to the house we parked the car inside the garage. I took the McDonald's paper bags filled with magical food. And not the magical kind when there's weed involve, but don't get me wrong that's great shit. I opened the door that leads to a hallway and made a turn to the right to enter the kitchen.

"Hi mommy, how was work?" I asked while placing myself on a barstool."Hello honey how is little Adrian doing?". My dad asked

"Okay I guess, but Adrian isn't getting any better" Adrian was a 7 year old boy, that has cancer ever since he was only 4. I can truly say he's a fighter when my mom would ask him to rate his pain from 1-10, he would always say 7 even though it was far worse than a 10. Adrain has been my moms favorite patient he's a sweet little boy that we treat like he was our own flesh and blood. He was adopted by two wonderful couple, they found him in a parking lot near the trash can when he was only 2,along with notes that his biological parents left.

"My boy will make it I know for a fact. He fought cancer twice and beat the shit out of it. He's a strong one, if he could do it twice he could do it again" my dad stated. "Here's your salad" trying to change the topic. We sat in the kitchen just talking about our plans today.

My brother Noah walked in the kitchen along with his friend Blake. "Nuh uh put that ball back where you found it, you're not breaking anything else". He and Blake stood beside me. I passed Noah his burger while I have half of my nuggets to Blake.

|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|

After lunch I helped put up the new doors to the family room. And went upstairs back to my room and basically spent a good 2 and a half hours taking a nap.

When I woke up it was around 5, and me being me I went downstairs straight to the pantry. While I was walking near the corridor near the kitchen I stub my pinky toe on the corner of a little display table.

"Ouch, fuck, lord have mercy!" I yelped. After I got settled down I went to open the pantry door and got surprise, a fucking pie in the face!, I wiped my eyes and mouth to see Blake.

"BLAAAAKEE!!" I scream trying to act angry while holding in my laughter. Within a second I see my parents and brother in the kitchen laughing their ass off. "Okay that's enough Liz, aww my little princess don't worry" my Dad try to keep a straight face glaring at my mom.

"Oh shut up Elijah, you're the one that laughed first and basically praising Blake" mom rolled her eyes. "Blake say sorry already and get you guys cleaned up, yeah?"

"I'm sorry I thought you were Noah, to be fair y'all sound the same" he apologize. Mom walked toward the drawer filled with towels and passed them.

After Blake cleaned up his mess while I ate my guacamole I went upstairs to shower. And did my usual routine shampoo, conditioner leave it in while I wash my body then wash it out. I usually don't brush my teeth till I go to bed since I know I'll go eat again.

It was around 11 when I went in the family room and to my surprise I see everybody is here watching Edge of Tomorrow. They were almost done with the movie and the only ones are awake are Noah and Blake, I guess my parents fell asleep around the middle. 35 minutes later the movie ended. I hate cliffhangers so bad, I thought to myself. "I actually love them makes you want to see the next movie and stuff" Noah answered. Did I actually say that out loud?

You do know what they say people who talk to themselves are smart and more likely to succeeded in life.